Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NON-RESIDENT APPLICATION FOR CCW IN PA

Greetings All,

I live in NY and found out that I can acquire a CCW there in PA, but only certain townships offer the service to Non-Residents. So after research I see that York PA will offer Concealed Carry to Non-Residents, so my question is, can I get that pkg online or do I have to go to York PA to get and fill the application? Any and all help in the matter is very much appreciated

(Berks County)

Default Re: NON-RESIDENT APPLICATION FOR CCW IN PA

First you'll have to have a concealed carry permit from NYS. Not just the permit to own. If you have that, then any PA sheriff can issue your license to carry firearms (LTCF). But ever since the scamdemic, many of them have been playing games. Berks County used to be one of the easiest but now they don't seem to be so friendly. Call the sheriff's office that you wish to go to and see what they tell you.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    First you'll have to have a concealed carry permit from NYS. Not just the permit to own. If you have that, then any PA sheriff can issue your license to carry firearms (LTCF). But ever since the scamdemic, many of them have been playing games. Berks County used to be one of the easiest but now they don't seem to be so friendly. Call the sheriff's office that you wish to go to and see what they tell you.
    Thank you for the prompt response, I will do just that!!!!

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

According to what I have read on NJ gun forums, Centre and Delaware are 2 counties have been 2a friendly.

(Berks County)

Berks is still friendly but they moved to the appointment only process.

(Jefferson County)

Erie, Crawford, Mercer, Venango, Jefferson, McKean, Centre, Somerset, and Delaware counties have also been known to be friendly.

Note with Jefferson county(my home county), our sheriff just retired and the Chief Deputy is now in charge. I do not know his policies, but I'd towards friendly.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-five View Post
    According to what I have read on NJ gun forums, Centre and Delaware are 2 counties have been 2a friendly.
    When I was a non-resident, I got mine from Centre County - but that was in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by RUCKSTAR View Post
    Greetings All,

I live in NY and found out that I can acquire a CCW there in PA, but only certain townships offer the service to Non-Residents.
    All counties are required by law to accept and process LTCF applications regardless of PA residency status. Any sheriff office that is not doing so is in violation of the law.

These unlawful actions predate COVID by a long time. My first encounter with this issue was 2016, when the Susquehanna County sheriff refused to accept my application to renew my LTCF. I informed him that I would pursue legal action, and it was not an empty promise. He invited me back two weeks later and accepted my application.

I went to renew five years later, and he now had an additional form to fill out that detailed your residence and work history for the past decade. I informed him that I would not be filling that out, as requiring such a form was also in direct violation of the law. We went back and forth on this a bit until he begrudgingly relented (the law is quite clear on this point).

My point here: as a non-resident, it's certainly easy to just pick a county that is more friendly to non-residents. But this unlawful behavior will not stop until we push back against it, in court if necessary. I encourage everyone to do their part.

(Allegheny County)

Govt violates the law...spend thousands of dollars and months or years of time..maybe you can get what you want.

Wayne County in NEPA is non resident friendly. You can apply on-line and will have to pick it up when it’s ready, usually after they get your character references back. Applying on-line costs $5 extra, the LTCF is normally $20 statewide. Well worth the money to only make one trip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast