Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default 🤔 Man stopped with handgun at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport

😲 C'mon man you know the thing.

AVOCA — Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officers at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport on Monday prevented a man from New Milford from bringing his handgun onto his flight.

TSA said the .380 caliber gun, which was not loaded, was tucked into the man’s laptop bag and was detected when the bag entered the checkpoint X-ray machine.

When the gun was spotted, TSA officers notified the police. The man told officials that he did not realize that he had his gun with him because he thought he had lost the gun several months ago. He said that he forgot that he had placed it into his laptop bag.

https://www.timesleader.com/news/159...al-airport/amp

Default Re: 🤔 Man stopped with handgun at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport

That's grade c armature shit. An unloaded Saturday night special is hardly a threat. I can completely see how it would happen if you dont' keep track of your guns.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: 🤔 Man stopped with handgun at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport

I couldn't find my P32 for like 4 months once.
    I've heard the wailing from people who think it should be impossible to lose a gun (how irresponsible!!! reeeeee!!!), but those little fucking mouse guns are sneaky like that.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

What pisses me off is that the TSA spouts how many weapons it keeps off of aircraft, keeping us safe. Pretending grandma*s embroidery scissors or that guy*s unloaded forgotten pistol were any threat to anyone doesn*t impress me.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    �� C'mon man you know the thing.

AVOCA * Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officers at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport on Monday prevented a man from New Milford from bringing his handgun onto his flight.

TSA said the .380 caliber gun, which was not loaded, was tucked into the man*s laptop bag and was detected when the bag entered the checkpoint X-ray machine.

When the gun was spotted, TSA officers notified the police. The man told officials that he did not realize that he had his gun with him because he thought he had lost the gun several months ago. He said that he forgot that he had placed it into his laptop bag.

https://www.timesleader.com/news/159...al-airport/amp

Yea, this stuff happens way to often, you hear about it several times a year at ABE. Is it really that hard to keep track of your guns and check all your baggage before you pack it to fly? This is probably someone who shouldn't be able to own a gun, obviously this person is not all that bright.
    IANAL

(Berks County)

I lost my S&W Model 1 for a couple of years and found it when I was looking for something else. Around that same time, I lost a bolt carrier, which I have still not found. And I realize that I am not alone, one of the guys at the airport lost the data cards for his Garmin avionics and found them under a pile next to his computer a couple of months later, after he replaced them. If you never lost anything or never found something that you even forgot that you had, you are way ahead of most people with your memory.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

So he thought he lost it ? And did not report it ? What an A Hole,Just Suppose a child found the gun and worse scenario could have happened ! I have no compassion for Idiots like him .You own firearms you should know where they are at all times and secured either in a safe or on your person !

(York County)

1) Don't lose guns. Period. Know what leaves the house and make sure it is accounted for when you get back to the house. Do this every single time.

2) We are assuming this guy actually did "lose" the gun. He might just be tossing that out there for plausible deniability.

(Chester County)

I never lost a gun. But I damn sure wouldn't call the cops and tell them if I did, unless I knew for a fact it was stolen. I don't see how telling the cops can do anything good except cause trouble for the caller. It's not like they are going to come over my house and look in all my drawers for it, are they?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    So he thought he lost it ? And did not report it ? What an A Hole,Just Suppose a child found the gun and worse scenario could have happened ! I have no compassion for Idiots like him .You own firearms you should know where they are at all times and secured either in a safe or on your person !
    OK, now this thread just got real.
    Fuck that "you MUST report a missing gun" bullshit.

And yeah, I already mentioned the rest of your wailing and blabbering about "responsibility".
    Glad you're perfect. Must be nice.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast