Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Gov. JB Pritzker signs Illinois assault weapons ban

The people of Chicago will be relieved to know that the vast amount of violent crime will cease now that criminals have been told very sternly that they can't have ARs or 16-round handgun mags. Whew! Well, I'm off to solve world hunger by making a sandwich.

... bans the sale, delivery, and purchase of assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines in Illinois. Long guns will be limited to 10 rounds per magazine and handguns cannot have more than 15 rounds ... The bill also bans the possession and use of rapid-fire devices that increase the firing rate of semiautomatic weapons ... Those already owning guns on the assault weapons list will be allowed to keep them, but would have to register them with the Illinois State Police. It would still be legal for current owners to possess such weapons on their own private property, at gun ranges, in designated hunting areas, and in other locations.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news...t-weapons-ban/

(Berks County)

Default Re: Gov. JB Pritzker signs Illinois assault weapons ban

was this the one that was hidden in an amusement park bill?

(Montgomery County)

The country is slowly morphing into a more polarized dichotomy of states when it comes to gun laws. Free states getting more free with constitutional carry and anti-NFA state laws. The nanny states getting less free with laws to skirt Bruen, AWBs, mag bans, licensing. It's pretty wild. I'm nervous for PA's prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wick View Post
    The people of Chicago will be relieved to know that the vast amount of violent crime will cease now that criminals have been told very sternly that they can't have ARs or 16-round handgun mags. Whew! Well, I'm off to solve world hunger by making a sandwich.

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news...t-weapons-ban/
    Don't forget to send one to the Gov., he likes to eat - a lot.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    The country is slowly morphing into a more polarized dichotomy of states when it comes to gun laws. Free states getting more free with constitutional carry and anti-NFA state laws. The nanny states getting less free with laws to skirt Bruen, AWBs, mag bans, licensing. It's pretty wild. I'm nervous for PA's prospects.
    I think we will see an "assault weapon" ban here sooner rather than later. I also think the legislation will be more in line with CA, NJ, NJ, etc. than IL.

Those already owning guns on the assault weapons list will be allowed to keep them, but would have to register them with the Illinois State Police. It would still be legal for current owners to possess such weapons on their own private property, at gun ranges, in designated hunting areas, and in other locations.
    And in 2 years, they'll have to turn them in. And this will in no way have an effect on gun violence in IL.

It's Jan 11th and there have already been 77 people shot in IL, with 14 of them being killed. I'm willing to wager that none of them were shot by an AR15.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    And in 2 years, they'll have to turn them in. And this will in no way have an effect on gun violence in IL.

It's Jan 11th and there have already been 77 people shot in IL, with 14 of them being killed. I'm willing to wager that none of them were shot by an AR15.
    Nope,I doubt it....a Draco or two maybe.That seems to be the popular gun that the thugs favor currently.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Delaware County)

.50 BMG are also now banned, even the ammo. I can't think of one example of .50 being used in an Illinois shooting.

(Allegheny County)

Also all the grandfathered magazines ... but illegal to load them and take them outside the house... Bet that'll deter criminals.

Came across this great article about this new law

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...708c657c36c66f

The Democratic Party's gun control agenda follows a reliable pattern. In stage one, politicians who have no idea what they are talking about pass a law that wouldn't solve anything. In stage two, the law gets struck down by the courts anyway.

Illinois managed to pass something that would accomplish nothing and be unceremoniously struck down, just as other Democratic states had done. You almost have to admire the commitment to embarrassment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast