Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default House Republicans to vote on bill abolishing IRS, eliminating income tax

This is the first thing to make sense that has come out of the gubberment in a long time. It'll never pass, but it's nice to dream.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hou...ing-income-tax

Republicans in the House of Representatives will vote on a bill that would abolish the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), eliminate the national income tax, and replace it with a national consumption tax.

Fox News Digital has learned that the House will be voting on Georgia Republican Rep. Buddy Carter's reintroduced Fair Tax Act that aims to reel in the IRS and remove the national income tax, as well as other taxes, and replace them with a single consumption tax.

The vote on the bill was made as part of the deal between House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., and members of the House Freedom Caucus and was pushed forward in his quest for the gavel.

"Cosponsoring this Georgia-made legislation was my first act as a Member of Congress and is, fittingly, the first bill I am introducing in the 118th Congress," Carter said in a press release exclusively obtained by Fox News Digital.

"Instead of adding 87,000 new agents to weaponize the IRS against small business owners and middle America, this bill will eliminate the need for the department entirely by simplifying the tax code with provisions that work for the American people and encourage growth and innovation," Carter continued.

"Armed, unelected bureaucrats should not have more power over your paycheck than you do," he added.

"As a former small business owner, I understand the unnecessary burden our failing income tax system has on Americans. The Fair Tax Act eliminates the tax code, replaces the income tax with a sales tax, and abolishes the abusive Internal Revenue Service. If enacted, this will invigorate the American taxpayer and help more Americans achieve the American Dream," Rep. Jeff Duncan, R-S.C., said.

"I support the Fair Tax because it simplifies our tax code. This transforms the U.S. tax code from a mandatory, progressive, and convoluted system to a fully transparent and unbiased system which does away with the IRS as we know it. It is good for our economy because it encourages work, savings, and investment. Thank you to my colleague Rep. Buddy Carter for leading this effort to simplify the system for American taxpayers," Rep. Bob Good, R-Va., said.

"I’m very proud to once again co-sponsor the FairTax Act," Rep. Kat Cammack, R-Fla., said. "We’ve seen a continued growth of the IRS and a persistent punishment of hardworking Americans via the tax code. What we’re calling for is a simplified and fair code that works for all, not just some."

"I urge my colleagues to support this commonsense legislation that fights back against the weaponization of the IRS and stops punishing those who work hard to succeed," she added.

Specifically, the bill gets rid of the national personal and corporate income taxes and abolishes the IRS — which is slated to hire 87,000 new agents unless congressional Republicans can stop it — as well as implements a national sales tax.

Additionally, the bill gets rid of the death, gift, and payroll taxes, and would replace the current tax code with a national consumption tax.

Eleven co-signers signed onto the bill including Cammack, Duncan, Good, Rep. Andrew Clyde, R-Ga., and House Freedom Caucus chairman Scott Perry, R-Pa.

The bill illustrates the hardline stance House Republicans are taking with the Biden administration and their policies expanding the federal government, including new funding for 87,000 IRS positions.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: House Republicans to vote on bill abolishing IRS, eliminating income tax

You need the IRS to administer tax law - whether it is an income tax or a consumption tax.

(Chester County)

Default Re: House Republicans to vote on bill abolishing IRS, eliminating income tax

To the OP, from the other thread...

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Tax scofflaws are scum of the earth. And there are billions in uncollected taxes from said scum. What is your solution for catching them?

There are countless loopholes in the tax system. This would eliminate them. I don't think they should be there, but as long as they are, I will absolutely capitalize on every loophole I find. I will do everything possible to reduce the amount of money I give to the government.

(Chester County)

I'm not referring to a tax accountant who legally takes advantage of a loophole when preparing your return to save you money (small potatoes). I'm talking about full on cheating or neglecting to file taxes.

I'm not referring to a tax accountant who legally takes advantage of a loophole when preparing your return to save you money (small potatoes). I'm talking about full on cheating or neglecting to file taxes.
    A use tax would also fix this.

(Delaware County)

In a fair and just world, Congress would not spend the citizenry's money frivolously and citizens would chip in to pay for necessary government services through a fair collection system. We don't live in such a world, but the answer surely isn't to arm up 1000's of new IRS thugs to shake down church ladies who fail to report income on bake sales, which is what would happen. What, you think they're gonna go after fat cat criminal democrat doners like Bankman-Freid for tax evasion? You're living in a fantasy world.

"It's a big club and you ain't in it."

- George Carlin
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    There are countless loopholes in the tax system. This would eliminate them. I don't think they should be there, but as long as they are, I will absolutely capitalize on every loophole I find. I will do everything possible to reduce the amount of money I give to the government.
    Tax avoidance is not tax evasion.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    You need the IRS to administer tax law - whether it is an income tax or a consumption tax.
    No you don't. At the very least, with a flat tax the IRS could be drastically reduced in the amount of personnel it has, like three quarters worth of them gone. With the "Fair Tax, or consumption tax, the whole agency could be eliminated and the duties of collecting the money could roll over to existing personnel at the Treasury Department.

It's a wonder that the current "progressive" system we now have has not been found to be unconstitutional on 14th amendment grounds. Everyone needs to be treated equally and a tax system that allows some people to pay no tax, or some people to get money back, or charges different rates of taxes for different persons is a tax system that certainly does not do that.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Bucks County)

Why do the republicans do crap like this? It is pointless and not even worth the media attention. Just like with 2A issues they will vote for things that they know have no chance of getting thru so they can make it seem like they are working for their supporters. We all know if this bill had any chance of becoming law NO republicans would vote for it. No politician is going to scrap our tax system. Its the best way they have to penalize /reward certain groups and they are not going to scrap all of the rules they worked for decades to make up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast