Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Biometric Smart Safe

Smart-lock maker Lockly just launched a smart safe, which allows real-time monitoring and control from a smartphone. The touch screen shuffles keypad digits, so people looking over your shoulder can’t easily guess your code. It also has a biometric sensor for access via your fingerprint. If someone tried to get in, you’d know: The safe sends you push notifications when an unauthorized person tampers with it. And you can lock, unlock, check the safe’s status and track access history all from the Lockly app. The company says it will be available this spring for $350.

https://lockly.com/products/lockly-smart-safe

Safe.jpg

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Biometric Smart Safe

Go for it.
    THIS dinosaur doesn't put his trust in "the cloud", or whoever has ultimate control of all your vital data.
    Pass.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

I use a cardboard box.

I wont' use a wifi light bulb, let alone a wifi safe. I don't want "apps" because I don't trust the app developers or china, who makes the products.

Looks interesting, if you have handguns worth stealing.

None of my are. Actually, I don't think I own a single one as expensive as the safe.

BTW, PRNJ went to a fingerprint scanner as the login for state inspection 10-ish years ago. Guys were constantly having problems with the machine refusing to read their greasy fingers. Just a warning for work-a-day guys.

(Montgomery County)

I've had a handgun safe for 20+ years and no one except me has ever touched it. I'm not sure why I would need to have a history log or be able to know if someone touches it by looking at an app. I guess it may be nice to know that someone came into your house and walked off with your safe by getting a beep on your phone.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    I've had a handgun safe for 20+ years and no one except me has ever touched it. I'm not sure why I would need to have a history log or be able to know if someone touches it by looking at an app. I guess it may be nice to know that someone came into your house and walked off with your safe by getting a beep on your phone.
    I can see it being useful for someone who has kids and wants to know if kids are fucking with it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I can see it being useful for someone who has kids and wants to know if kids are fucking with it.
    True. Not all kids are the same.
    When I was a kid, my dad said "This is where the key is if you ever need into here (wood/glass gun cabinet) in an emergency". (while placing the key in it's "hiding spot")

"If you ever want to see anything in here, just ask me and I'll get it out for you.
    If I ever find that you've been in here without permission, you'll get your ass beat."

I never opened it.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!