Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default ✈ Pa. officials fly high in state plane on taxpayers’ dime

💸 Gov. Wolf appeared in Allentown one day last fall to celebrate his success in boosting early education funding. An hour later he was at a news conference 90 miles away in Steelton, touting free breakfasts for students.

Despite the distance, no speed limits were broken. Wolf winged it from the northeast to south-central Pa. aboard the taxpayer-provided plane that is at the disposal of the governor and other state officials.

Since taking office in 2015, Wolf has averaged more than one flight per week on the nine-seat, twin-turboprop King Air 350i, racking up 256 flights at a total cost of nearly $642,000.

His annual plane use is generally on par or far less than that of his predecessors, although COVID-19 reduced air travel to just five flights in 2020.

It has picked up since. Last year, he made 20 trips on the state plane and this year took 38 trips.

“You can get to a lot more places, see a lot more people, do a lot more events if you can get there faster,” Wolf said. “The plane allowed me to do that. I’m not sure how you do a cost-benefit analysis of that but I think the benefits outweigh the costs there.”

Republican lawmakers agree that in a state the size of Pennsylvania it makes sense for the chief executive working in the Capitol to have access to a plane. After all, as Sen. Dave Argall, R-Schuylkill County, put it, “it’s a long way to Erie.”

Wolf can attest to that from his days as Gov. Ed Rendell’s revenue secretary in 2007-2008 when he didn’t have access to the plane.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2023/0...outputType=amp

Default Re: ✈ Pa. officials fly high in state plane on taxpayers’ dime

So much for going green dickhead. This is why we have global warming, airplanes and cows.
    FJB

I get that there are reasons to get from one place to another fast.

If it weren*t for the climate hypocrisy and carbon footprint of planes I would not even think twice about this. But I do have a problem with government officials, celebrities etc. telling people to cut back on their carbon footprint when they are some of the biggest emitters of carbon there are compared to most Americans.

(Berks County)

Just another of countless examples that the elite live by their own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post

If it weren*t for the climate hypocrisy and carbon footprint of planes I would not even think twice about this. But I do have a problem with government officials, celebrities etc. telling people to cut back on their carbon footprint when they are some of the biggest emitters of carbon there are compared to most Americans.
    According to the International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT), the average carbon footprint for domestic flights in the United States is about 0.29 kg of CO2 per passenger mile. The distance between Pennsylvania and Vancouver, for example, is about 2,500 miles. Thus, the carbon footprint per passenger on a flight from Pennsylvania to Vancouver would be approx:

0.29 kg CO2/passenger mile x 2,500 miles = 725 kg CO2/passenger.
    The Boeing 777-300ER can carry up to 396 passengers.
    725/396= 1.83 kg CO2 per passenger.
    At the same time a charter plane carrying 8 people would have a figure of 112 kg CO2 per passenger.

(Chester County)

The vast majority of the Elite that push Man Made Climate Change DON'T actually believe in it. It's just a lie they are using to get their Fascist agenda through. The Useful Idiots believe them.

(Blair County)

Great, he flies around on a private jet and I have to drive a personal vehicle since there is no vehicles available in the pool.

Makes total sense to me.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    Great, he flies around on a private jet and I have to drive a personal vehicle since there is no vehicles available in the pool.

Makes total sense to me.
    Enjoy it while you can comrade. Soon you will own nothing and like it.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    The vast majority of the Elite that push Man Made Climate Change DON'T actually believe in it. It's just a lie they are using to get their Fascist agenda through. The Useful Idiots believe them.
    Belief in something is born from receiving some information. People who have opposite points of view on one issue simply have different information. And the truth is somewhere in the middle.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post

And of course, no one compares to the global warming czar, war hero Kerry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast