Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: 2 carjacking suspects steal vehicle with woman still inside at King of Prussia Wa

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I used to go to kop a lot back in the day, sweeney seed for one. Too damn congested anymore.
    Sweeney Seed. I forget the name of that little cul de sac but it's right off of Church Road.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: 2 carjacking suspects steal vehicle with woman still inside at King of Prussia Wa

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    I HATE TARGET.

There, I said it.

If I'm in the KOP area and want a Walmart, I'm going to the one on Trooper Road. Bigger, nicer, Chick Fil A in the parking lot.
    There's a reason the website 'peopleoftarget' doesn't exist...

I used to shop at the Walmart in Bensalem, but since their shelves were half-empty, I ended up having to go to Target afterwards to get everything on my list. After awhile, I decided to just save time and skip going to Walmart in the first place.

(Chester County)

When I lived closer to KoP Mall years ago and used to frequent the place and before the "Super Sizing" you hardly ever saw criminals there. Now that it's become clear they will no longer be held to answer for their crimes it's a free for all and a place of easy pickins'. I can even remember when Johnny Cash had the caboose and freight car restaurant at Henderson Rd, even though it was even closer to Norristown than the mall it was still a safe place to go.

Victoria Station it was called. It's long gone but it looked like this.

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Sweeney Seed. I forget the name of that little cul de sac but it's right off of Church Road.
    I couldn't tell you now its been too long since Ive been there but it sounds similar.
    FJB

(Berks County)

Spent lots of time at the KOP Mall. Michael's Deli was a local staple but it's now gone. The mall has changed a lot and not for the better in many ways..

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nra-life-member View Post
    Spent lots of time at the KOP Mall. Michael's Deli was a local staple but it's now gone. The mall has changed a lot and not for the better in many ways..
    I started going there when E. J. Korvette was the only department store.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wew3 View Post
    I don't remember a time when JC Penny's, Gimbel's and Wanamaker's weren't there.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    There's a reason the website 'peopleoftarget' doesn't exist...

I used to shop at the Walmart in Bensalem, but since their shelves were half-empty, I ended up having to go to Target afterwards to get everything on my list. After awhile, I decided to just save time and skip going to Walmart in the first place.
    My local targets are all mostly in the hood. The one within walking distance of home was looted during the "summer of love."

Walmart has more and the ones I visit aren't in the hood. I'll keep going there when possible.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by wew3 View Post
    I remember that time! I was told way back when that the name stood for eight jewish korean veterans who supposedly founded the store but I don't know if that's true or not. Anyway, EJ Korvette was the Macy's of its day for sure!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    I remember that time! I was told way back when that the name stood for eight jewish korean veterans who supposedly founded the store but I don't know if that's true or not. Anyway, EJ Korvette was the Macy's of its day for sure!
    https://www.kophistory.org/e-j-korvettes/

The first section of the King of Prussia Plaza opened September 18, 1962. It consisted of an Acme Supermarket and a 172,000 square feet, two-story E. J. Korvette department store, complete with air-conditioning and escalator service.

E. J. Korvettes was among the first big anchor stores for the new King of Prussia Plaza shopping mall. A popular, and false, story behind the name’s origin – that E.J. Korvette stands for “Eight Jewish Korean War Veterans.” In reality, according to Ferkauf, the “E.J.” stands for Eugene and his friend Joe who started with the company from its inception. The Korvette was named after the Canadian WWII Warship a Corvette.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast