Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Tanner's sold - new owner

Looks like Tanners now has a real website with what they have in stock with the prices. Seems like a good upgrade by the new owners. Hope they will start posting their used gun listings since their facebook page kept banning them.

Note it is .net instead of the older .com.

https://www.tannerssportcenter.net/

Went on their new site to look for ammo. Ouch. I know there's always a mark-up in stores on ammo as opposed to online, but come on. Out with the old, in with the new

spamcan.JPG

https://www.tannerssportcenter.net/a...in787450235649

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Went on their new site to look for ammo. Ouch. I know there's always a mark-up in stores on ammo as opposed to online, but come on. Out with the old, in with the new

spamcan.JPG

https://www.tannerssportcenter.net/a...in787450235649
    I am pretty sure their website can find anything if you scroll thru enough pages and they can order it. When you see something you want make sure it says "in store". If all else fails give them a call

(Montgomery County)

I stopped up there the other week. It's nicer now for sure. The lighting is better, busted cases have been replaced, better layout for the shelves, better stuff on the shelves, same good service, and still good prices. I'd say it's a win so far.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

(Bucks County)

I'm concerned about their used firearm policy. It states that used firearm purchases are " AS IS ", no 30 day warrenty and any issues are the buyers problem.

from the new website;

All descriptions for used items are honest and based on our observations of the actual item being offered for sale.

Actual photos will be provided when available.

Items being sold in this manner will be marked as used or pre-owned and are sold "As-is." - All sales on used items are final.

It is the buyer's responsibility to thoroughly inspect the firearm prior to taking delivery from your dealer.

If there is any damage or defect not specified in the description or shown on the pictures then please contact us immediately at 267-331-4756 and DO NOT take possession of the firearm.

We will not reimburse any dealer, shipping, transfer fees, parts or repairs for damage or defects found after you have taken possession of the firearm.

(Luzerne County)

Responding respectfully to the last thread, I don't know how realistic it is to expect any gun shop to guarantee used guns.

The cost to have every used firearm taken apart and fully inspected by a gunsmith, to allow a warranty, would likely be prohibitive.

Especially with used guns, prospective buyers really need to take some personal responsibility & perform their own inspections.

Frankly, I can't imagine dealing with used firearms any other way.

Yes, that does give a clear advantage to local customers vs internet buyers.

As for Tanners, I don't believe Raymond ever sold substandard weapons.
    I have observed people trying to sell beat / non-quality weapons there, being politely declined.
    I never observed any beaters or well worn guns in his used cases ... his used guns usually were pretty nice.
    Gunsmith projects sold on GunBroker were clearly identified as such.
    I don't think marginal quality firearms had any place in his business model ... nor were they worth messing with his reputation.
    He really did run a business that many retailers could learn from.

I strongly suspect Tanner's new owners will operate in a very similar manner - they don't want to mess with the superb business reputation they purchased. I have not noticed anything that would indicate otherwise.

Just my 2 cents - no disrespect intended.

(Bucks County)

Every used gun I bought there, and others I know of, were practically brand new. I hope that tradition continues.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Bucks County)

I stopped in today. Place is updated, brighter. A nice improvement. I could have done without the music blasting the whole time.

I was looking for a particular rifle, and asked about ordering one. The people helping me could not quote a price. One said to me, "I know what our cost is, but I don't know how much it will be". Seems to me that they must have some formula for figuring a price before ordering. When I asked for a ballpark, I was told "around $600". Perhaps only certain staff can set a price.

Everyone was pleasant, and the shop was busy.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Every used gun I bought there, and others I know of, were practically brand new. I hope that tradition continues.
    It has..most used guns I was fondling last week were in really decent condition...

(Chester County)

I had no idea Tanner's was sold. Been waiting to see a FB post about specials and haven't seen anything in weeks. Their FB page is pretty much non-existent right now. I figured they got put in FB jail...again...and were waiting to be "Released" from FB jail. Actually came here to see if anyone posted or knew what was going on. Now it makes sense why I haven't seen anything.

I've spent a lot of money there and was always treated well. I'll still continue to shop there, as long as the service stays the same and pricing is on par.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast