Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default FightLite HERRING Model 2024 - ADVANCED LEVER ACTION RIFLE

I've always liked their SCR rifles, and this is a similar setup - in lever action!

https://fightlite.com/herring-mod24

HERRING MODEL 2024 - ADVANCED LEVER ACTION RIFLE

The Patent-Pending HERRING® Model 2024 is a family of high-performance, extremely accurate and modular lever-action firearms that provide for flexible caliber and magazine reconfiguration at the user-level, without tools to support virtually any shooting profile. HERRING® is a clean-sheet revival of the lever-action concept and significantly advances the state-of-the-art for lever-action rifles and pistols bringing them fully into the 21st Century.

HERRING® raises the bar for the lever-action repeating gun by incorporating the latest materials, techniques, and practices into a modern, lightweight, accurate and user-configurable, caliber and magazine convertible lever-action firearm family.
    The HERRING® Model 2024 is designed with performance, configurability, ergonomics, ease-of-use, optical compatibility, and hard-working utility in mind. It leverages the vast MSR accessory industry in an identical way to a standard AR-15 for different calibers, barrel lengths, optical sights, silencers and accessory mounting needs. Also like an AR-15, the HERRING® Model 2024 utilizes off-the-shelf AR-15 bolts and barrel extensions, which gives it even greater flexibility and allows it to access the huge catalog of calibers and commercially available barrel units for that rifle.

Mechanically, the HERRING® Model 2024 family uses a rotating bolt like an AR-pattern semiautomatic, but the bolt carrier is cycled by a manually actuated articulating lever. FightLite*s HERRING® Model 2024*s lower receiver has lineage to the highly successful ARES/FightLite SCR® Sport-Configurable Rifle. A great deal of commonality has been retained between the SCR*s lower components, and those used by the HERRING® Model 2024; and it also accepts all AR-15 (STANAG) pattern magazines, including 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 60 and 100 round AR magazines.

Due to its modern, magazine-fed design the HERRING® Model 2024 doesn*t suffer from center-of-gravity shift as a tube-fed rifle does when loading or firing, nor is it limited to round-nosed projectiles. It can be easily unloaded, via simple removal of the magazine and a single cycling of the action to remove any chambered round. Because it can be quickly and easily loaded and unloaded, it*s also possible to easily swap between two different types of ammunition within one caliber as specific shooting conditions dictate. An example might be when shooting .300 Blackout: -choosing between supersonic 110gr expanding copper hollow points for increased velocity and subsonic 220gr BTHP when adding a silencer.

While HERRING® Model 2024 rifles will be primarily chambered in 5.56 NATO and 300 BLK, they can be reconfigured for virtually any AR caliber from long range wonders like Hornady*s 6mm ARC, to short-range bruisers like .450 Bushmaster. Target or small game shooting with .22 LR rimfire via convenient caliber conversion kits will also be possible and HERRING® Model 2024 can also be chambered in pistol rounds like 9mm, 10mm, .45 ACP, and 5.7×28 with potentially great benefits in reduced lever-stroke length.

The patent-pending HERRING® Model 2024 is a thorough modernization of the lever-action rifle concept itself. HERRING® Model 2024 marries the proven accuracy, adaptability, and high performance of the AR platform with the established power and all-American rugged dependability of the lever-action repeating rifle.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: FightLite HERRING Model 2024 - ADVANCED LEVER ACTION RIFLE

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Man imagine how many furry creatures could be hunted with this legally and be soooooooo much safer than a semiautomatic......

(Bucks County)

And I jump into next rifle thread and voila, there*s the lever in 5.56, thanks for posting! Much better price point than the POF as well.

(Delaware County)

Uhg

I*m waiting for the Tacti-Kewl Blunderbus! Oh..nevermind.. they are already among us!

And since that was just an AR with ugly features, here*s someone who did an ACTUAL Blunderbuss with Mall Ninja parts.

That picture just makes me want to punch a midget in their left kneecap. What is the firearms world coming to?
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

Hopefully it's more reliable than their SCR. And if history is any indication, it will be years before they have any in stock for sale. The SCR was impossible to come by for over five years. Now some models are finally for sale on their site. The lowers took even longer to show up.

Still, I'd buy a lever action lower if and when they're available, provided the reviews are good.