Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Super Enforcer

(Cumberland County)

Default Super Enforcer

I posted in pics thread a few days ago but I picked up my Iver Johnson Super enforcer today. Lots of looks and first one that passed through my shop ever - lol.
    I have had this on my bucket list but had never actually handled one. Smaller than I expected. As someone already mentioned, this baby is going to be loud!
    Came with 2-30 round and 1-15 round (U marked) magazines. Also, the original box with decaying foam inside and soft case
    From what I have read based on serial number - this 30 cal beauty was built mostly in NJ in or around 1982/3. When Iver was bought out and the new
    company opened in Arkansas, all guns/parts/etc. left in NJ were shipped to Jacksonville, AR. Any pistol that was nearly complete, was finished in AR., stamped
    Jacksonville, and given a serial number the same as NJ 100% builds beginning with BA (either given or they were actually stamped in NJ?). Once all parts to make full guns were used, the new company changed the design
    slightly (made the barrel 10.5" vs 9.5" and changed the grip to an uglier - imo - finger groove one). This thing is too cool

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Super Enforcer

Have seen them over the years. Always thought it would be fun to abuse one. Got a thought, sbr it with a crank trigger now that would be fun.

Mine looks just like yours. I got it helping a friend sell a bunch of stuff. My reward was the pistol.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Cumberland County)

^^ good friend
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

I remember a reviewer maybe 30-40 years ago, saying that the design for some reason wouldn't hold a 30 round mag while firing; so kinda keep that in mind at the range. Maybe they fixed it. Maybe he was full of crap. Who knows.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Cumberland County)

I'll let you know once I get to the range! Seems to be almost identical setup to a M1 Carbine so don't see why it would have issues - but you never know! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I remember a reviewer maybe 30-40 years ago, saying that the design for some reason wouldn't hold a 30 round mag while firing; so kinda keep that in mind at the range. Maybe they fixed it. Maybe he was full of crap. Who knows.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Allegheny County)

Looks like something you would see the bad guys using to shoot up the place in an 80s TV show.

I LIKE it!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

I have a 30 carbine contender with a 10 inch barrel and it is not that loud (it is much quieter than a short barreled 223). The problem is with the standard GI load with H-110 / W-296 you get a softball to cantaloupe sized orange muzzle flash (depending on light conditions) with a blast that you feel on your face and nose. I don't mind it but at dusk others at the range will be keeping a close eye on you. If you reload try a load with 2400 or even a slightly slower pistol powder. You don't lose much velocity in a 10 inch barrel and the orange fireball is much tamer.

(Cumberland County)

Patty Hearst seemed to think so - lol. Check out an old pic of her in bank .

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Looks like something you would see the bad guys using to shoot up the place in an 80s TV show.

I LIKE it!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"