Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Hi-Point JXP 10mm Handgun

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Don't know then, the early videos I saw on them said they were making both threaded and unthreaded 10mm's. I suspected because some states prohibit threaded pistols
    Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
    I saw a few videos saying that as well.

And I would definitely prefer the non-threaded version myself
    Maybe they will, eventually, but right now they just have the threaded version their site. They're not known for being quick to change things. It's been three years since they announced the YC9.

I am very familiar with Hi Point/Haskell/Iberia, as well as the fiasco of the yeet cannon

I have seen conflicting stuff about the threaded barrel. They definitely only show the threaded barrel version for sale, but many of the early videos announcing it said it would be available both ways

Picked mine up this morning from FFL. It's a heavy, heavy beast of a gun. The trigger is comically light. Also, the heavy slide requires a good grip to pull it all the way to the rear. The serrations are not deep, and the finish is smooth; almost slick. And in typical Hi-Point fashion, the slide is not as far back as you think it is. Keep pulling.

Probably won't get to shoot it until next weekend. Looking forward to taking it and it's carbine brethren to the range and see how it runs.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Picked mine up this morning from FFL. It's a heavy, heavy beast of a gun. The trigger is comically light. Also, the heavy slide requires a good grip to pull it all the way to the rear. The serrations are not deep, and the finish is smooth; almost slick. And in typical Hi-Point fashion, the slide is not as far back as you think it is. Keep pulling.

Probably won't get to shoot it until next weekend. Looking forward to taking it and it's carbine brethren to the range and see how it runs.
    Well I'm jealous. My name is on the waiting list at a local shop that's supposed to be getting 6 in.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Well I'm jealous. My name is on the waiting list at a local shop that's supposed to be getting 6 in.
    I got mine through GunZoneDeals.com. They had the lowest price for the gun, but shipping was spicy. Still came out to less than $200.

Got the JXP10 out to the range this afternoon. She's a beast. That weight definitely helps with the recoil. I was only shooting some Sellier and Bellot 180gr rounds. The gun cycled as long as I did my part and didn't limp wrist it. Due to the weight, the recoil, and the smooth-ish grips, it wasn't hard to slow it down enough to cause the slide to not go completely into battery. A quick bump on the back of the slide and we were back in business. If I gripped the gun properly, I had no issues. The trigger sucks, but only because the plastic at the bottom pinches my finger under steady fire. I already have a solution for that problem. Bought an aftermarket trigger from Thing Meister Fabrication. It doesn't improve the trigger pull, but it improves the feel of the trigger and fixes the pinching. I haven't installed it yet because i wanted to test the gun as it was out of the box. Once I get the trigger installed, I'm also adding a Hogue Handall to give me some additional grip. Was originally going to install Talon Grips, but I already had a Handall floating around.

I did test out the 40 round ProMag drum I picked up a while back. It's a PITA to load, but it works. Makes the gun a lot more heavy, and I only loaded 20 rounds. Nice part is, it's designed for the .45 Hi Points, so I can use it with my 10mm handgun, my 10mm carbine, and my .45 carbine.

Overall it was a good outing. Mrs Ronin finds it to be ridiculous, but she indulges my weird gun purchases. The gun is dumb, but makes me smile.

Awesome, thanks for the report.

Can't wait to get one

Be curios how you like that trigger

I had one on a C9 years ago, it was much better

(Delaware County)

New Hi-Point Model JXP 10 Pistol. This beast weighs as much as my Mac 10 clone, lol. I kinda want one to go with my 10mm HP Carbine.

Attachment 162980

Cool, definitely a big gun. Looks like of futuristic to me.

(Philadelphia County)

No, no, no.

Just plain no.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    No, no, no.

Just plain no.
    Your loss.