Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Hi-Point JXP 10mm Handgun

Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
    I'm shooting for under $200. Can't wait to see if it will work with a 40 round drum mag.

(Allegheny County)

Those make big holes, right?

Seems like a good bedside gun, and cheap enough to have one on both sides! And under the sofa, and in the bathroom, and in a box of cereal, and on top of the washing machine, and...
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Seems like a good bedside gun, and cheap enough to have one on both sides! And under the sofa, and in the bathroom, and in a box of cereal, and on top of the washing machine, and...
    Not my first choice for HD, but it will get the job done, if necessary.

(Clearfield County)

With properly loaded ammo it is roughly equivalent to lower-end .41 mag performance.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    With properly loaded ammo it is roughly equivalent to lower-end .41 mag performance.
    .41 mag, .42 mag... whatever gets the job done.

(I have no idea what a .41 mag is. LOL)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

.41 mag, .42 mag... whatever gets the job done.

(I have no idea what a .41 mag is. LOL)
    .41 Magnum is an intermediary cartridge developed in the 60's to have better terminal performance than a .357 magnum and have less recoil than a .44 magnum round. It didn't succeed and has been a sort of boutique cartridge for the past 60 years. 10mm has been compared to .41 magnum from a power standpoint. Modern 10mm rounds from Buffalo Bore and Double Tap can exceed .41 magnum in terms of performance and power.

(Allegheny County)

I did a little water jug expansion testing with my 10mm and it's an accurate pistol.
    It's Glock though and not HiPoint.

https://flic.kr/p/2o9YPK

The 10mm rounds I have are hard cast 200 gr Underwoods and Doubletap 230 gr.
    The front row of the pic are those 2 rounds and the water jug expansion of the 230.
    Understand that hardcast is not designed to expand as the 9mm Gold Dot and.40 gold dot to the right.

I suppose the felt recoil of the Hipoint would be reduced as the gun is heavy just like my G20

If any of you get one, do a range report or comparison between a 9mm and this 10 at a few distances.

I'll do more expansion testing of my 10mm after I.load some Noslers 200gr JHPs

Price is attractive but I'm with AR Johnson

EM. Just use that G19 you love.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    I did a little water jug expansion testing with my 10mm and it's an accurate pistol.
    It's Glock though and not HiPoint.

https://flic.kr/p/2o9YPK

The 10mm rounds I have are hard cast 200 gr Underwoods and Doubletap 230 gr.
    The front row of the pic are those 2 rounds and the water jug expansion of the 230.
    Understand that hardcast is not designed to expand as the 9mm Gold Dot and.40 gold dot to the right.

I suppose the felt recoil of the Hipoint would be reduced as the gun is heavy just like my G20

If any of you get one, do a range report or comparison between a 9mm and this 10 at a few distances.

I'll do more expansion testing of my 10mm after I.load some Noslers 200gr JHPs

Price is attractive but I'm with AR Johnson

EM. Just use that G19 you love.
    The Hi-Point is not meant to compete with Glock or any other polymer 10mm handgun. It's its own thing. At 49 oz, it's over a pound heavier than the G20, so it's going to have less felt recoil. I don't see this thing being any more than a fun range toy. I am tempted to make a holster for it and use it and my 1095 10mm carbine in a multi-gun match for funsies, lol.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    The Hi-Point is not meant to compete with Glock or any other polymer 10mm handgun. It's its own thing. At 49 oz, it's over a pound heavier than the G20, so it's going to have less felt recoil. I don't see this thing being any more than a fun range toy. I am tempted to make a holster for it and use it and my 1095 10mm carbine in a multi-gun match for funsies, lol.
    I would be willing to bet the hi-point 10mm is just as accurate as any other pistol on the market. With modern manufacturing it doesn't take much to make a good barrel, and given that the barrel is fixed a good barrel is all that you need for them to shoot well.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    I would be willing to bet the hi-point 10mm is just as accurate as any other pistol on the market. With modern manufacturing it doesn't take much to make a good barrel, and given that the barrel is fixed a good barrel is all that you need for them to shoot well.
    Oh, no doubt. I wasn't referring to its accuracy or reliability. I was looking more towards its practicality as a SD gun. It's significantly larger and heavier than even the biggest 10mm polymer handguns on the market currently. Could it be a decent nightstand gun? Probably. But I think 10mm is too much gun for HD. I have a friend that has a Hi-Point .380 that she keeps as her bump in the night gun. It's so heavy that it almost completely mitigates the snappiness of .380, lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast