Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Question Rimfire Help - CZ 457, Tikka T1x, Bergara BMR, Ruger Precision Rimfire?

New Year's resolution is to try out PRS/NRL22. My budget is in line with the base/production class amounts. Looking for a decent bolt action 22lr for under $700 (ideally lower by a bit.) (Just the rifle, have a scope for it.) I've tried out a CZ 455 and enjoyed it, but no experience with the other ones. I like the idea of the Ruger Precision Rimfire coming with rails and being 10/22 mag compatible, though if I've got it correctly, for the Tikka and CZ at least they can be moved to a chassis down the line if I wanted to. The range available to me locally goes out to 300yds. No desire to stay within 25-50yds only.

Appreciate anyone's experience/reasons for going with what they have.
    Last edited by Sblzrd65; January 4th, 2023 at 09:41 AM.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Rimfire Help - CZ 457, Tikka T1x, Bergara BMR, Ruger Precision Rimfire?

I preface this with the admission I have no match experience. I have owned a CZ 455 Tacticool for about 3 years, and it is a absolute tack driver. If one was to put a bit more time and money into it, it could be phenomenal. The rifle is totally stock. With decent ammo, mine will shoot around .4 MOA. In my time with it, I have found a few things. Like most .22's, it is very picky with ammo. CCI Green Tag gives me groups roughly 5" at 100, as a example. SK Standard gives 1", SK Long Range is the best I've tried. Secondly, mine does not like being suppressed. Those .4" groups widen to around 2" with a can.