Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default DEER GRUNTS OR BLEETS

Give me your input. I had alot of luck last year with the primos can. This year it was the grunt call and rattling. Also it was the same time of year and i would say rut was about same as well early nov.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: DEER GRUNTS OR BLEETS

I combo the Grunt and Bleat can but space them out by a good 15 min to half hour. Mess around and see what works for you. If action is really hot a tend to call a little more since they are already in the mood. This year I got my buck by hitting the grunt three times and then the bleat can twice about 5 minutes later. He came straight at my stand like a bat outta hell.

(Fayette County)

I didn't have any luck with the bleat can or the grunt tube this year. I saw plenty of deer, but none were interested. In the past I have had success with the both turning deer and getting them closer for a shot. But not this year.

I'll let you know if Ohio is any different, I am heading over this weekend for some bowhunting.
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard

(Allegheny County)

i shot my 10 point this year using grunts and bleats in rapid succession. i had just missed the biggest buck i had ever seen walking the woods (14 point) and as i was trying to get another arrow nocked i started grunting at the buck and mixing in doe bleats as he walked up the oposite hill away from my stand. while watching him go up over the hill i had the 10 point come running in full tilt to 20 yards and stop look around and rub a tree. he gave me a 25 yard quartering away shot and he went 75 yards.

all i used was my voice to grunt and bleat. i grew up in the woods and just learned to mimic the animals. i call just about everything using my voice, deer, turkey, geese, owls, hawks, coyotes.
    Μολὼν λαβέ