Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Harrisburgh Great Outdoor show

I heard last years show wasn't that great as far as guns manufactures. Does anybody know if the show in February is goin be better than last year

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: Harrisburgh Great Outdoor show

they normally put out a layout plan or floor plan , of vendors or dealers , closer to the event .

(Berks County)

It isn't a gun show so I wouldn't expect much out of it in that respect. Doc Warner's, who I'm going fishing in AK with this July, isn't attending this show. I'm glad I went and found them last year because this looks like a great excursion.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lancaster County)

I was there last year, yes some of the big names were not there such as Ruger and FN and a few others IIRC. What pissed me off the most was a no cash venue, only CC for everything, evil dirty Covid laced paper money ya know spreading virus. Sorry I'm not using my credit card for a fucking milkshake and fries. The farm show was the same policy. We alternate the outdoor/farm shows yearly. I will not be going back for either till cash is accepted at the food court and show vendors
    Last edited by SgtRecon; February 6th, 2023 at 07:49 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    I was there last year, yes some of the big names were not there such as Ruger and FN and a few others IIRC. What pissed me off the most was a no cash venue, only CC for everything, evil dirty Covid laced paper money ya know spreading virus. Sorry I'm not using my credit card for a fucking milkshake and fries. The farm show was the same policy. We alternate the outdoor/farm shows yearly. I will not be going back foe either till cash is accepted at the food court and show vendors
    This cashless system seems to be the norm at many places now and I don*t like using my CC for a minor purchase either.
    I now buy a prepaid credit card with $50 on it at CVS and carry that until it runs out.

(Wayne County)

https://www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/

Ruger is listed. Floor plan is on the site. I'll be there for a few days at the Kahr Firearms booth.
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Allegheny County)

Is this the show everyone boycotted years ago when they banned all evil black rifles?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Is this the show everyone boycotted years ago when they banned all evil black rifles?
    I don't think so but I might be wrong. I think that was a gun show and this is an outdoors show that's more geared towards hunting and fishing. You can book African safaris, moose and elk hunts and fly-in fishing trips and stuff at this show. There might be some boat and gun manufacturers there too but not much. I forget what all else there is.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Westmoreland County)

No, this is the one that banned the evil black rifles and got boycotted. I'd love to set up at this thing but I can't sell anything there so what's the point. No forearms or firearm accessories or parts sales at all. Only gear.

As for the CC only. It's not really about Covid contamination. It's about employees stealing cash. It's easy to till dip when you can't keep an accurate count of how many orders of fries and whatnot actually got sold. Most food service vendors at transient events such as this are going to an all CC system.

(Wayne County)

Kinda sucked being my first year, not being able to make sales...but had a bunch of people making internet orders and coming out here in person to buy stuff. I never got out of the firearms hall...very busy. More of a trade show for guns...no on site sales.
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast