Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Maryland Wear and Carry Permit Training Class – 2 Day January 14 & 15

Maryland Concealed Carry (Wear and Carry) Permit Training Class

Dates: January 14, 2023 8AM-4PM and January 15, 2023 8AM-4PM

Location: King Shooters Supply 346 E. Church Rd, King Of Prussia, PA

Cost: $350

This is the 16 Hour class required for the Maryland Wear and Carry (Concealed Carry) Permit. Vinco Instructors are Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructors. We will include instruction on state firearm law, home firearm safety, handgun mechanisms and operation, and the State required qualification.

Details of the application process can be found here.

The training will include 4 hours of live fire training. Bring your handgun, hearing and eye protection and 100 rounds. Rentals are available from King Shooters Supply.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Maryland Wear and Carry Permit Training Class – 2 Day January 14 & 15

This is a repost from the Concealed Carry thread to insure greater visibility for anyone who might be interested in this class.

I just finished the Maryland Wear and Carry Training Course held this past weekend at King's Shooters Supply in King of Prussia and wanted to leave some quick comments. The course lasted two eight hour days as required by Maryland. Topics presented included firearms and shooting fundamentals, laws regarding use of deadly force, what to do after use of deadly force, choice of holster, home defense, situational awareness, and many more topics.

The class was only 5 students, and there were two instructors for the class. The students represented a wide range of skill levels and ages but the instructors made sure everyone got a ton of hands on attention and training. Part of the class included 4 full hours of range time. Since King's has their own range on site, it was extremely convenient to conduct the shooting qualification which is required by Maryland right there, as well as to work on various shooting skills. Spoiler alert - everyone passed! When you leave the class you will understand what is required and have everything you need to apply for Maryland CCW.

The trainers leading the class were both long time Federal Air Marshalls and their shooting skills showed it! They both possess a wealth of real world knowledge relating to shooting and concealed carry and it was quite useful to be able to benefit from their knowledge.

On the range, they spent a great deal of time with each student individually to work on shooting skills. Everything from stance, grip, use of sights, pistol presentation, trigger work during presentation, handling recoil during rapid strings of shots, and much more was covered.

Initially, shots were pretty loose but as the class continued, everyone's groups tightened noticeably, and shot to shot speeds increased. Beep to bang times continued to get better with the instruction, and many drills were taught to provide a path towards continued improvement.

I considered myself a reasonable shot prior to the class. But there is no question that what they taught me and the observations they made of mistakes I was making enabled me to significantly decrease my group sizes and lower time between shots. I found myself making more consistent hits firing two, three and four rapid shot strings.

They plan to offer a combat course next month at King's and I am planning to attend if at all possible. If you are looking for a local venue to qualify for your Maryland CCW or are looking for other firearm training, check out Vinco Training Group on the web. They offer all kinds of classes - CCW classes, night shooting, combat, etc.