Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Early Notice: home gun shop for sale

Condolences to you and your family...

Can I make a suggestion? Since you're only going to be there a few days, is it possible for Mom or another close sibling to take some digital pictures for you NOW (in general) to post before you are there. That way those interested in the assortment can make a decision about driving down to see it. A quick pictorial overview may be enough to generate more interest.

Good Luck.

Sorry for your loss.

(Bucks County)

Sorry to hear about your dad's passing. It's got to be hard even if you didn't have the best relationship with him.

Sounds like you are but just be there for your Mom. We just went through this a few months ago when my dad passed. Losing your partner of 50+ years is completely devastating.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Berks County)

I am sorry for the passing of your dad. Prayers and comfort to your mom.

Sorry for your loss and your moms ! Looking forward to you inventory lists .You did not mention any firearms will they be available also ?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Sorry to hear about dad. Good luck with the sale.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Sorry to hear that Free, condolences to your family.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Condolences to you and your fam, free.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    My condolences - on his passing - and the entire can of worms you now have to deal with.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Sorry for your loss, free.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    😔 Condolences to you and the family
    Thankz.

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    Sorry for your loss Free
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your dad.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CallinSIC View Post
    So sorry to hear about your father.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Those of us who pay attention around here are aware the degree of esteem you held for your father. Still, losing a parent and being semi-orphaned at any point in life is a weighty turn of events. With that in mind, sorry for your loss.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Sorry to hear about your father passing.

Take lots of pictures and upload them to an album. Focus on anything that looks military in nature. Even simple things can be highly desirable.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your father passing. Hopefully you were able to get stuff squared away from your other post about him.
    Thanks, and nope.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Sorry to hear about your dad
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Sorry to hear about your father. Hoping dealing with brother and mother is as pain free as possible.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    My sincere condolences. It's never easy losing a parent.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by xflyboy View Post
    free,
    Sorry for you and your families loss.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KPShooting View Post
    Condolences and good luck with the sale.
    Thankz.

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    Condolences to you and your family...

Can I make a suggestion? Since you're only going to be there a few days, is it possible for Mom or another close sibling to take some digital pictures for you NOW (in general) to post before you are there. That way those interested in the assortment can make a decision about driving down to see it. A quick pictorial overview may be enough to generate more interest.

Good Luck.

Thanks.

Not possible. Mom can't do it, brother is in Mexico. Sister has been estranged for decades. So I gotta do it when I get there. But I plan to take pictures as soon as I can when I get there and post. And I'll be there all week. If someone wanted to commit to buying enough stuff to make it worth going out of my way for, I could bring some stuff back with me. We will see how it goes. For example, I know he has a Honda 2000 Companion inverter generator that has seen little use. I'll probably sell it for $600. I'd go a little out of my way to drop that off if someone wanted to buy it. He has a couple of nice Nikon camera with lenses too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Sorry for your loss.
    Thankz.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Sorry to hear about your dad's passing. It's got to be hard even if you didn't have the best relationship with him.

Sounds like you are but just be there for your Mom. We just went through this a few months ago when my dad passed. Losing your partner of 50+ years is completely devastating.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna 19547 View Post
    I am sorry for the passing of your dad. Prayers and comfort to your mom.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Sorry for your loss and your moms ! Looking forward to you inventory lists .You did not mention any firearms will they be available also ?
    Thanks.

Inventory is mostly going to be pictures. I don't have the time to inventory all the stuff he has down there. If someone sees something in a picture and wants details on that I can see what I come up with, but ya gotta remember I'm not gonna know what I am looking at for a lot of stuff. If a reloading press or machine or whatever they are called doesn't have a mfr and model on it somewhere, I'm not gonna know what it is. But stuff I think is high value, easy to sell and can easily be looked up, I can do. But all the bullets and primers and stuff...meh...

As for guns...he sold most of them months ago, but I know more are down there. Some are just sitting around, but anything "good" is likely to be in the safe which I may or may not be able to get into. But guns I will list separately in the for sale section, since those are more "individual items" rather than bulk items, and have to go through an FFL, etc.

He has some handguns in a state of disassembly. All I can do on those is bag them up and sell them cheap I guess. I'll spend a few mins trying to reassemble anything obvious, but I'm not good at that kind of stuff.

He does have a lot of leathers (holsters and belts and shit). Not sure how I will deal with those. Probably as a whole lot and people will have to take the best guess they can from pictures, unless stuff is clearly identifiable.

(Berks County)

Sorry for your loss Free. Good luck with the sale.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Lehigh County)

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully you will be able to get maximum dollars for your mom.

(Northumberland County)

My condolences, and best wishes as you work through both the asset and family aspects of what comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    So, dad finally died. He has a "home gun shop" that takes a half a basement. It is full of stuff that mom wants me to sell and fill her pockets with cash.

There is a ton of reloading equipment, reloading supplies of all kinds, books, a stuffed boar's head, gunsmithing tools and accessories, work benches, at least three safes, a REALLY NICE fly tying setup with a ton of supplies, and so forth. It all needs to go.

I will be there next week and plan to take "overall pictures" of it in "as is" position, to give people an idea of the scope and scale of things, and post them on here for people who may be interested in buying in bulk. I will accept bids/offers that seem fair and reasonable. I don't know what stuff is worth and I'm not going to look it all up. I don't have time and energy to dicker over nickels and dimes. I know people are going to get a deal...may as well be people on here.

Anyway....I'm posting on here to give people who may be interested in driving to WINCHESTER, VA to have a look, maybe make a bid for large, bulk purchases and maybe haul some stuff away. Money is going to an 85 year old woman who just lost her husband of some 55 years, so I'm hoping for fair and reasonable offers, while still getting a DEAL.

I will be there from roughly Dec 24-30, which would be the ideal time for people to come and look.

Stay tuned for pictures next week.

FYI, this is not posted in the "for sale" forum, based on the nature of this particular situation. Don't hate on me (;

Thanks,
    F
    My sympathies on your Dad's passing.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast