Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Claytons Hunting And Fishing

Claytons Hunting and Fishing is a local shop to me, and I have been dealing with them for about 5 years now. The prices are great, and the employee's/owner won't try swindling you in to something you don't need (my favorite part). They don't waste time, and have all been in the business for a LONG time.

The best part is that they always have a full stock of just about everything you can imagine, from ammo to rifles, to magazines and optics, everything is there.

660 Easton Road (Route 611)
    Horsham, PA 19044
    Phone: 215-672-6060

http://claytonshunting.com/

(Bucks County)

Smile Re: Claytons Hunting And Fishing

I'm curious. Why do you keep posting about how great Clayton's is? Please understand, I am NOT trying to bait you or even dispute that YOU got treated right there. But, I'd like to know, are you related to Clayton or dating a daughter of the family, or what?
    I'm sure it is possible that they have treated at least one customer right over the years. I also am reminded, by my wife, that I am allowed to spend any amount of money anyplace I want, as long as Clayton's does not get one red cent of it. She went in there once to buy a Remington 700BDL Custom Deluxe 30.06 for me for Xmas. Fatass treated her badly. He cheated me once on a pistol magazine, and I know several individuals who claim the same thing. Yes, he may have treated ONE customer correctly ONCE. But, I wouldn't be good neighbor if I didn't point out what a fatass piece of garbage he is. Horrible attitude and dishonest business practices to boot. Does he still tell people he has a gunsmith in the backroom now that Lex Neal has passed away? Lex was a fine gunsmith and honest, but he did some work for Clayton and got a little bad reputation for being associated with that scum. Damned shame if you ask me.
    Didn't mean to upset you, but I have a long memory and once you wrong me or my family, "It's on". So, no offense intended, but anytime I see a post touting his wonderfulness, I will counter it with the truth. I would be remiss to do otherwise. I expect it from the rest of you also. If you know there is a weasel in the henhouse, you have a duty to report it. Ain't America great?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Claytons Hunting And Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    xxx
    You stated that he treated you poorly 15 YEARS ago. I was not old enough to even purchase guns at that time.

I have no affiliation with Claytons other than I have been buying guns and ammo CONSISTENTLY over the past FIVE (5) years. Not over a decade ago, but as late as last week.

Your story relates to what is called SOUR GRAPES. Now it appears that you are almost making up stories about your wife (you didn't mention this last time on your rant about Claytons which I find interesting).

There have been many members on PAFOA who have recently purchased items from there. In, out, good price, done. It's nice when a transaction goes smooth....without smooth talking salesmen.

In stock, good price, fast exchange. That's what I look for. I'm sorry things didn't go your way A DECADE AND A HALF ago. The simple truth is, if you need AR supplies, or other "evil" rifles, feel free to check out their inventory. If you don't like their prices, selection, straight answers, or rate of exchange, feel free to shop elsewhere.

Lastly, as to continuously posting about Claytons, I posted that they have AR's in stock and for a good price perhaps two times (there appears to be a shortage in which shops don't have AR's and accessories in stock), and now that I noticed this forum, I posted here. I hardly call that continuously posting.
    Last edited by itstock; November 18th, 2008 at 08:39 PM.

(Bucks County)

By your response. I take it you are offended by what I posted. I apologize if I offended you, it was not my intent. Truly, I meant you no ill will.
    Recent political developments(Obama) have caused countless people to join the ranks of gun-buying Americans. As a seasoned member of these ranks I feel it is my duty to point them in the right direction and point out pitfalls which may not be obvious.
    Let me give you a scenario to illuminate my position:
    Let us suppose that you have, in the past, seen a rather large fat rattlesnake in your backyard. Might have been a long time ago, even a decade and a half, but others have claimed to see it also, and not so long ago. Some neighbors of yours have even been bitten by it. Let us also suppose that you have some new friends who come to your neighborhood because they hear that an evil person has moved into a big white house in their neighborhood. Suppose they come over to visit and say "Howdy". Do you think it is asking too much for you to let them know there is a rather large (some would say "fat") rattlesnake somewhere in your backyard, before abandoning them to find out by themselves? Kind of have a duty to let them know, don't you?
    Note: I didn't say it bites every person it sees. I didn't claim it is not useful to some in that it might help keep rats out of our yard (democRATS, that is).I merely believe we should welcome our new neighbors to our yard, but that we should help them not get bitten by a snake while they are here.

So, without having to read too much between the lines, you should see my point.
    Let me take this opportunity to again state: I did not mean to offend you, and I am sorry if I did offend you. Also, let me state to anyone else watching this discourse: There is a very large rattlesnake in the yard, try not to get bitten.

(Allegheny County)

I'm not offended at all. I have spent a fairly large amount of money at Claytons (well in to the "tens" of thousands of dollars), as have my friends and family members, as well as people who I have recommended Claytons to on forums just like this, and I have yet to know anyone who has had anything but great transactions in the past 5 years.

It sounds as though your "rattle snake" is dead (and has been for 15 years) but you keep beating it with a stick. Stop beating it. If you need an AR, a special order, or accessory (magazines), go over there and check out their inventory. They also have an insane selection of hunting rifles and shotguns.
    Last edited by itstock; November 18th, 2008 at 08:42 PM.

Thumbs up Re: Claytons Hunting And Fishing

Enjoyed their stand at the Hburg show. Best price on DPMS A15 by over $100 so of course I bought from them. Young man was pleasant, older (larger) gentleman was gruff but agreeable. Installed my quadrails for free while I waited for the PICS check. Overall a positive experience.

(Bucks County)

I don't know if it is dead, but I do know it bit a friend about two years ago. Hey, I hope they have turned a corner and decided to be a reputable business, I really do. I am not above forgiving a past, horrible experience. Where would I be if Jesus decided He didn't want to forgive me? Maybe I'll give Clayton's another chance, maybe not. But, I will not let friends blindly walk into his store without hearing that he has been known to bite in the past. I think that is being more than fair. Have a great week, and like I said before, watch out for the snake!

(Bucks County)

Extensive collection at Clayton's, but IMHO Tanner's beats them on price.

(Bucks County)

i've been in claytons's a couple of times and i liked the store better when it was on horsham road. i got a good deal on a FN rifle and some decent deals on ammo and mags but since he's moved to 611 i think his prices are over the top. i was looking for a sig556 and he wanted 2300K for it, bought it at a shop near montgomeryville for 1275 OTD. was looking for a FNFS2000 and again clayton was way over the top and asking 2300, i ended up buying it at tanners for 1899. i purchased a beta-c drum right after the ban from clayton for 250, went back the next day to buy another and he jacked the price another 40 bucks. i was looking to buy some 5.7x28 ammo and clayton's tried to feed me some BS that their 5.7 ammo was special and warrented the 30 bucks a box price. not being a dummy i knew they were full of s... because i had just bought the exact same ammo from tanners for 18 bucks.

clayton's has a great selection but his prices are to high from my experience, he's always been friendly and i've never felt he acted rude but friendly or not i can't buy knowing i can buy the samething elsewhere for hundreds less.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicodendron11 View Post
    Extensive collection at Clayton's, but IMHO Tanner's beats them on price.
    +1

Claytons has supply because their prices are 20% above fair market value. Nevermind the large unfriendly gent behind the counter that treats everyone he doesn't know like they just smacked his mother. I'll continue to take my business to tanners, classic and surplus city where I'll find friendly faces and fair prices.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast