Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Help with figuring out an A5 Light Twelves fair asking price

Hey Guys and Gals,

I apologize in advance if this is not in the correct area. I honestly did not know where exactly to place it. I have a Light Twelve but from what I have been finding online, the actual fair market value will vary based on year it was made, location of where it was made, and possibly other things that I am not familiar with.

I want to post it up in the Classifieds forum but I dislike posting something for sale without knowing that I have done my best to find the current sold values of comparable firearms. I have made a good amount of sales via this forum and some solid friends. And I have no desire to post something up for sale with an asking price that is offbase and would be considered a rip off.

I really just do not have the knowledge about this A5 to confidently identify it using the serial tool online and then come up with a sales price. So I am reaching out to some of the members here who I am sure know the A5 like the back of their hands.

I didn't want to attach photos here until I got the green light to do it. If there are things that you specifically need in order to help identify and price the A5 let me know. Such as the serial number, or specific markings. Photos of specific parts or specific angles.

Thanks for any help in advance.

(York County)

Default Re: Help with figuring out an A5 Light Twelves fair asking price

You may be able to get some useful information here: https://truegunvalue.com
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

(Allegheny County)

I have no idea what that is but a check of completed auctions on gunbroker may give you a idea.

(Allegheny County)

Sorry a Browning A5. Didn't pick that up right away.

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search...Twelve&Sort=13

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by RussianDave View Post
    I didn't want to attach photos here until I got the green light to do it. If there are things that you specifically need in order to help identify and price the A5 let me know. Such as the serial number, or specific markings. Photos of specific parts or specific angles.

Thanks for any help in advance.
    You're fine...no permission needed for pics. And I'm sure anything you can provide will help others help you.

I'm not the A5 expert by any means, but you are correct on a crazy spread in values. I've seen them go from a few hundred to well over $1k. Choke system or lack of impacts value too I believe on these.

Yup that is for sure.

Here are some pics. I slacked a little on researching it over the last day because I have been looking into the values of a Saiga and DDI. I am too scatterbrained at times for sure.

The Serial Number is:
    70G

And the markings on the barrel are:
    Made In Belgium 1kg 120
    Browning Arms Company St. Louis Mo.
    Montreal PO{or Q}
    12-70 18.4

From what I could gather via the markings and serial number it was made in Belgium in 1970. The Buttplate appears to support this as well being that they used that specific one from 1963 on.
    It is a 12 Gauge 70mm {2 3/4" shells}

More obvious details are obviously that it has a ventilated rib barrel, and the gold trigger.
    Once I finish with this Saiga SGL21-61 AK47 New Value I will look into a fair price for this Browning taking into consideration the hairline crack that was repaired on the foregrip.

Thanks to you all for posting and trying to point me in the right direction. Lord knows it is a pretty deep rabbit hole at times when trying to find a current value of an older firearm. One little nuanced difference can triple a price.

I can take clear close up photos of the markings later for sure. Thanks again to everyone who jumped into this discussion.
    Attached Images Attached Images