Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northumberland County)

Default Crate Holdings Ammo website?

Anyone use Crate Holdings before? Rates seem to be in line with or better than most places on some of what they carry. Not necessarily the cheapest on everything, but seeing some ok deals mixed in. 10mm and 357 for $.50/rd, 300 BO Fiocchi SST for $1.00/rd. Shipping seems fair too.

https://crateholdingsammo.com/

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Crate Holdings Ammo website?

Only found this when looking for reviews:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CAguns/comm...ng_ammo_to_ca/

Scam detector results
    https://www.scam-detector.com/valida...mo-com-review/

Never heard of them, but there are a gazillion places that most of us never hear about.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

I'd lean towards legit. Prices aren't too low to believe and they do take credit cards. Scammers only take paypal and zelle.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Website first appeared july 1st, 2022. Phone number is a random guy in MD. No address listed on the site as far as I can find, which is a big red flag. Called number and went to voicemail with no voicemail set up. Big red flag.

Even if they take credit card, they may just be harvesting credit card info. Unless you can get someone to pick up hte phone and answer "crate holdings, how can i help you", huge red flag. Ask what state they ship from, town, address. Literally any legit place will gladly provide you with that. Then google the address and look at it on the street.

Load up google maps, look at maryland, look for crate holdings, zero results. Expand to all america, still no results.

5.56 green tip is the same price as sportsman guide. I don't see anything to gain, and I see a massive headache if you use them. And sportsman guide has 4pay via sizzle.

I'd say scam 100%. If they were an up and comer, they'd want to get themselves out in front of everything possible, including address, phone, google maps, etc. Some foreigner looking to scam you.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    Website first appeared july 1st, 2022. Phone number is a random guy in MD. No address listed on the site as far as I can find, which is a big red flag. Called number and went to voicemail with no voicemail set up. Big red flag.

Even if they take credit card, they may just be harvesting credit card info. Unless you can get someone to pick up hte phone and answer "crate holdings, how can i help you", huge red flag. Ask what state they ship from, town, address. Literally any legit place will gladly provide you with that. Then google the address and look at it on the street.

Load up google maps, look at maryland, look for crate holdings, zero results. Expand to all america, still no results.

5.56 green tip is the same price as sportsman guide. I don't see anything to gain, and I see a massive headache if you use them. And sportsman guide has 4pay via sizzle.

I'd say scam 100%. If they were an up and comer, they'd want to get themselves out in front of everything possible, including address, phone, google maps, etc. Some foreigner looking to scam you.
    Nice investigative work there, Jay.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post

Nice investigative work there, Jay.

(Northumberland County)

Thanks all. Not gonna lie, I was thinking they might be OK until I saw Jay's findings. Now, I dont know...dont really need to chance it.