Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Clarion County)

Default Re: You think you're safe in the suburbs?

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Evil is everywhere people are.

Not relevant but interesting... The 911 response time here in the boondocks is about 45 minutes, unless John Law is writing tickets close by.

Yeah I go armed a lot.
    ^This^ for some of us. Prepare accordingly.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    While "evil is everywhere is a truth", sometimes you have to ponder how many times a criminal has met their end and the only one that knew that was the one they tried to committee crime against. Criminals disappearing seems like a problem that if unknown is not a problem. I would wager that most if not all criminals are not high IQ individuals, they tend to telegraph their intentions by snooping around their targets, doing suspicious crap in plain site or just don't really have a well thought out plan. While I am not superman, I do make a very strong attempt at maintaining situational awareness. That situational awareness helped me keep my self and my wife well away from a drive buy shooting near section 8 housing in Mt Pocono 2 years ago. Permanently removing threats to society in general seems like a solid plan with zero repeats in the future. Society as a whole is failing and allowing this BS to go on for to long.

* DISCLAIMER* I am in no way promoting breaking the LAW, just pointing out a HYPOTHETICAL solution.
    I guess the question is, if you're involved in a legit defensive shooting, do you legally have to report it? Do you legally have to remain on site?
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    I guess the question is, if you're involved in a legit defensive shooting, do you legally have to report it? Do you legally have to remain on site?
    Your first call is to 911 to request an ambulance for the injured and say nothing else, because you are being recorded, (i.e., hang up).
    Your second phone call is to US LawShield to request a lawyer to be dispatched to your location. (Membership required.)

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Your first call is to 911 to request an ambulance for the injured and say nothing else, because you are being recorded, (i.e., hang up).
    Your second phone call is to US LawShield to request a lawyer to be dispatched to your location. (Membership required.)
    Maybe, but is that first action required by by law? They will have your cell number as soon as you call if you do. What law says you can't just go on about your day?
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Bucks County)

What kind of outcome do you think contributing to by not calling the cops to report a shooting? If you don*t call the cops and ems first, you*ll be looked at with a whole nother level of scrutiny.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    What kind of outcome do you think contributing to by not calling the cops to report a shooting? If you don*t call the cops and ems first, you*ll be looked at with a whole nother level of scrutiny.
    Hopefully, a cold case.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    If you don*t call the cops and ems first, you*ll be looked at with a whole nother level of scrutiny.
    Initiating the Emergency Response System (911) includes the Police, Ambulance and Fire Department, as needed. Why do you think the Police also show up when you request an ambulance?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    How will anyone know that it was a legit defensive shooting, if a body with a gunshot wound is the only thing found?

(Montgomery County)

Initiating the Emergency Response System (911) includes the Police, Ambulance and Fire Department, as needed. Why do you think the Police also show up when you request an ambulance?
    It doesn't work for the reverse unless the caller requests an ambulance (or it's obvious by the type of call).

(Bucks County)

Keep your shirt on, killer. I understand how the process works. I just got a little careless in my description.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast