Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: You think you're safe in the suburbs?

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Suburbs are racist.
    There, I said it.
    Don't get yer panties in a wad, they're working on fixing that by building section 8 housing out here. I can't understand why they don't build it right next to Katie Muth's or Missy Houlahan's houses though.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Hey, I know of atleast 3 asian families, 2 black families and several latino families in our township. It's the freakin' Amish that are taking over, they breed like rabbits!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Don't get yer panties in a wad, they're working on fixing that by building section 8 housing out here. I can't understand why they don't build it right next to Katie Muth's or Missy Houlahan's houses though.
    They're waiting for federal funds for those projects. Currently the allocation has only reached the Obama and Kennedy Martha's Vineyard neighborhoods...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    They're waiting for federal funds for those projects. Currently the allocation has only reached the Obama and Kennedy Martha's Vineyard neighborhoods...

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    You've probably been reading the local news here too, haven't you? Seen all the shootings around in the past couple of weeks? It's getting scary out here.

PS - Homie a bit CrayCray
    https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...aught/3443476/

I wonder what his criteria was for choosing a place to perpetrate his home invasion - or did he know them priorly?

In a criminal complaint from West Goshen Township police, investigators said Austin was involved in the attempted homicide of two people inside a home at a new housing complex off West Baltimore Pike (U.S. Route 1) in Middletown Township, Delaware County, early Monday around 12:30 a.m. The housing community is located between Wawa corporate headquarters and the Media station of state police.

Two residents were shot during that home invasion -- one in the face and the other in the leg, police said while not revealing either victims' condition.

During the home invasion, a black velvet jewelry box was taken, police said. A Ring camera captured a silver sedan that matched the stolen Chevy Malibu fleeing the shooting scene.
    Last edited by Story; December 7th, 2022 at 09:11 AM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Yeah, not good. That's a new development of Toll Bros. $500k carriage houses and town homes on the site of the old Franklin Mint. I'm not too far from there.
    I grew up just down the road on Polecat, just off 1 and Cheyney. It was fairly rural, but even in the 80’s, I remember the PSP chasing and pitting a car near the polecat rd. house.

Criminals have long used highways to get to unsuspecting victims. We see it all the time here in York county: the scum of Baltimore come up I-83, shoplifting, robbing banks, and stealing cars along the way to York. Thankfully I’m far enough off the beaten track that anyone is most likely lost if they are driving down our road.

As noted that shooting is a bit suspect; there’s got to be a relationship of some kind there. One more reason I’m not a fan of tight living quarters and commuter neighborhoods where you don’t know your neighbor.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    I grew up just down the road on Polecat, just off 1 and Cheyney. It was fairly rural, but even in the 80*s, I remember the PSP chasing and pitting a car near the polecat rd. house.

Criminals have long used highways to get to unsuspecting victims. We see it all the time here in York county: the scum of Baltimore come up I-83, shoplifting, robbing banks, and stealing cars along the way to York. Thankfully I*m far enough off the beaten track that anyone is most likely lost if they are driving down our road.

As noted that shooting is a bit suspect; there*s got to be a relationship of some kind there. One more reason I*m not a fan of tight living quarters and commuter neighborhoods where you don*t know your neighbor.
    Cool! I love that area. Pole Cat, Ivy Mills, Smithbridge...ride the MC on those windy roads all the time, and I love to hike around the extensive grounds of Newlin.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Bucks County)

Interesting. I had never been to the area, but relatives finally had enough of the crime and problems in the city that they sold their home, S. Philly, home and just bought a home on Pole Cat. We were there for Thanksgiving.

(Warren County)

Evil is everywhere people are.

Not relevant but interesting... The 911 response time here in the boondocks is about 45 minutes, unless John Law is writing tickets close by.

Yeah I go armed a lot.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Monroe County)

While "evil is everywhere is a truth", sometimes you have to ponder how many times a criminal has met their end and the only one that knew that was the one they tried to committee crime against. Criminals disappearing seems like a problem that if unknown is not a problem. I would wager that most if not all criminals are not high IQ individuals, they tend to telegraph their intentions by snooping around their targets, doing suspicious crap in plain site or just don't really have a well thought out plan. While I am not superman, I do make a very strong attempt at maintaining situational awareness. That situational awareness helped me keep my self and my wife well away from a drive buy shooting near section 8 housing in Mt Pocono 2 years ago. Permanently removing threats to society in general seems like a solid plan with zero repeats in the future. Society as a whole is failing and allowing this BS to go on for to long.

* DISCLAIMER* I am in no way promoting breaking the LAW, just pointing out a HYPOTHETICAL solution.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast