Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PickingPA Guest

Default Re: PA Senator John Gordner stepping down (R)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Technically they will have power for the first 2-4 weeks as 2 Democrats are leaving due to positions in the Shapiro administration and one Dem died before the election---but was elected. These are all in Dem strongholds so don't expect a shift back to the R's.....Unless gas goes up to $8 per gallon and food is not affordable.

Are there any "rational" Dems that would let the leftist BS go through like Pro 2A, Pro lower tax Dems?
    Ummm, yeah. That’s what I told you 2 weeks ago

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...06#post4701406

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Ummm, yeah. That*s what I told you 2 weeks ago

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...06#post4701406
    Thanks you did and I do remember, but I was looking for an answer regarding "Are there any "rational" Dems that would let the leftist BS go through like Pro 2A, Pro lower tax Dems"?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Thanks you did and I do remember, but I was looking for an answer regarding "Are there any "rational" Dems that would let the leftist BS go through like Pro 2A, Pro lower tax Dems"?
    No.

The only one who might be a Joe Manchin type would be Rep Burns (72nd district) but he just barely won re-election so maybe not so much

Just a small handful of halfhearted Pro-2A dems, but they would vote in favor of red flag laws without even reading the legislation

Not good.
    We need the Senate Republicans to hold strong, but we can’t count on all of them to do so

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

As of today:

R- 27 (yesterday 28)
    D- 21
    I-1

Next session:
    R- 27 (was 28)
    D- 22
    Vacant pending special election- 1
    The "I" was my senator when I lived in Pennsylvania. He was a pro gun democrat when I lived there. However, thanks to the redistricting, he no longer lives in the 17th district he represented and is not seeking re-election.

(Delaware County)

He stepped down to take a position of legal counsel to incoming State Senate President Pro-Tempore Kim Ward, starting tomorrow

One of his immediate responsibilities will be the impeachment case against Krasner (State Senate accepted the House Articles of Impeachment today)

His seat will remain vacant until a special election is conducted. Lt Gov “Hey you guys” of Goonies fame has 10 day to announce the date of the special election, which may not occur less than 60 days from today. If the Geiko caveman does not set an adequate date for the special election, it will automatically default to the May 2023 election cycle before a replacement is elected
    So is the district in question still a lean to the republicans?

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    So is the district in question still a lean to the republicans?
    The last democrat to hold that seat ended his term a few weeks before Ronald Reagan took the Oath of Office

(Delaware County)

The last democrat to hold that seat ended his term a few weeks before Ronald Reagan took the Oath of Office
    Back at that time pa. Democrats in the state legislature were not all the vicious anti gun zealots that they are today.

I remember in the early nineties the state legislature held a vote to heavily restrict the ownership of the ARs. The proposal failed by a two to one margin with many dems voting against it.

Firearm owners used to be more of one issue voters than presently.

PickingPA Guest

Back at that time pa. Democrats in the state legislature were not all the vicious anti gun zealots that they are today.

I remember in the early nineties the state legislature held a vote to heavily restrict the ownership of the ARs. The proposal failed by a two to one margin with many dems voting against it.

State legislators used to strive to represent the will of their constituents. Not many left that take to heart the purpose of their role and the reason they hold the seat.

(Chester County)

That's because dems are more interested in homos, trannies and kiddie diddlers.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

All gun owners in PA need to stick to the Constitution. I don*t care what laws are passed. For them to take my AR*s, or any of my possessions, they will need to illegally force their way into my home and murder me. At which point I will defend myself. And although I*m fully aware I*ll be killed.. at least ONE of them will join me. I can only HOPE it would be a Fed to be stopped.

One day in the future, local LEO*s will need to decide where their loyalty lies*. With the neighbors.. brothers, sisters, family, friends? Or with the Far Left, communist, racist democrats trying to destroy our nation. If they don*t stop, at some point we will NEED to stop them. If that means another Civil War than so be it. Freedom isn*t free.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast