Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Oaks Gun Show Dec 16-18, 2022

As Walleye said we had a pretty decent show. Sales were good across the board with sales of new, used, long gun, handgun and mil-surps running about equally.

Also as Marines55 said I had a fair amount of the haggle crowd. Many reasonable and respectful; but many who were unreasonable entitlement bitches in their dealings. I had a lot of my regulars and many new buyers. Most of the new buyers were really nice people. We only had a few problem people who were actually purchasing something.

We shut down a number of foul, weed odiferous people. Just told them to get lost; we're not selling you anything. We shut down several straw purchases as well. Most were the pretty obvious baby momma trying to buy a gun for baby daddy variety. However one really stood out.

Two guys (one in his late 20s the other a bit younger looking) come up, looked in the handgun cases then the older one askes me if I can do a deal on two handguns. I said probably, especially if it's a cash deal. He said sure then proceeds to ask the other guy which one he wants. I stopped him and added if one is for your friend there you each have to do a PICS on them. The older one informed me his pal was not only from NJ. but also under 21. I informed him that this was a textbook definition of a straw purchase and I wasn't going to complete the transaction. Older guy tells me it's ok; he'll transfer the pistol to the kid in NJ after he turns 21. (Yeah Right!) Older guy also informs me he's a state trooper and he knows the law and that this if perfectly ok. I reiterated that the transaction was NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. The two guys walked off in a huff. All my staff who saw this go down were incredulous and in disbelief that these guys could be this obviously stupid. When I mentioned this to a dealer colleague who laughed and came up with the hindsight suggestion that I should have told the two guys that the Gun Task Force was right by the door and we could ask them if their transaction was ok. Damn, I wish I'd thought of that at the time!

All in all it was a good solid show for us with few complications.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    If it was the guy I'm thinking of, I saw those M-1s when he walked them in one at a time. EVERYONE of them were shot out. My muzzle gauge went all the way past 3 and up to the neck bevel and the throats were in the 7+ range. If he got what he was asking well God help the poor sod who bought them.

If I'm mistaken on if that was your friend please no reflection on him.
    Was that the guy who was there when I was?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

As Walleye said we had a pretty decent show. Sales were good across the board with sales of new, used, long gun, handgun and mil-surps running about equally.

Also as Marines55 said I had a fair amount of the haggle crowd. Many reasonable and respectful; but many who were unreasonable entitlement bitches in their dealings. I had a lot of my regulars and many new buyers. Most of the new buyers were really nice people. We only had a few problem people who were actually purchasing something.

We shut down a number of foul, weed odiferous people. Just told them to get lost; we're not selling you anything. We shut down several straw purchases as well. Most were the pretty obvious baby momma trying to buy a gun for baby daddy variety. However one really stood out.

Two guys (one in his late 20s the other a bit younger looking) come up, looked in the handgun cases then the older one askes me if I can do a deal on two handguns. I said probably, especially if it's a cash deal. He said sure then proceeds to ask the other guy which one he wants. I stopped him and added if one is for your friend there you each have to do a PICS on them. The older one informed me his pal was not only from NJ. but also under 21. I informed him that this was a textbook definition of a straw purchase and I wasn't going to complete the transaction. Older guy tells me it's ok; he'll transfer the pistol to the kid in NJ after he turns 21. (Yeah Right!) Older guy also informs me he's a state trooper and he knows the law and that this if perfectly ok. I reiterated that the transaction was NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. The two guys walked off in a huff. All my staff who saw this go down were incredulous and in disbelief that these guys could be this obviously stupid. When I mentioned this to a dealer colleague who laughed and came up with the hindsight suggestion that I should have told the two guys that the Gun Task Force was right by the door and we could ask them if their transaction was ok. Damn, I wish I'd thought of that at the time!

All in all it was a good solid show for us with few complications.
    IMO, the law men should coordinate with the vendors to net them when they engage in such antics.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    IMO, the law men should coordinate with the vendors to net them when they engage in such antics.
    They do.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    WHAT?!?!?!?! If this is true, I may to go cry in a corner for a week for missing this show.
    Almost forgot, but Old Western Scrounger was there with $299 Yugo Tokarevs that looked to be in good shape. He also had a few Kareen Hi-Powers but I forgot the price on those, and he had some snub nose
    S&W Model 10's, but those were at $500 ea.

(Philadelphia County)

I would have like to have verified if that one guy really was a state trooper and if so let his C/O know.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Yes. He usually gets a table but didn't this time.
    Good for him (not in a smart Alec way). The 03A3 i tried to sell a few shows ago that I was talking about earlier, I carried it around the whole damn show. I had LOTS of people stop me and ask me about it and want to look closer. None of the show goers wanted to buy and as I said any of the dealers wanted it for way lower than my reasonable price and got annoyed when I declined like I owed them something. It was weird and discouraging which is why I didn*t bother carrying around anything this time.

*I had a lot of my regulars and many new buyers. Most of the new buyers were really nice people. We only had a few problem people who were actually purchasing something*

We shut down several straw purchases as well. Most were the pretty obvious baby momma trying to buy a gun for baby daddy variety. However one really stood out*
    I*ve only bought from you once a while back but I always make it a point to stop and look at your wares. I loved hearing the straw purchase story. Would have been nice to alert LE to investigate them.

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    Almost forgot, but Old Western Scrounger was there with $299 Yugo Tokarevs that looked to be in good shape. He also had a few Kareen Hi-Powers but I forgot the price on those, and he had some snub nose
    S&W Model 10's, but those were at $500 ea.
    I didn*t realize that*s who that was. I saw them and while price wasn*t bad on closer inspection they were a little on the rougher, worn finish side. Good for someone looking for any example but not if you wanted a nicer condition one that aren*t that hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I would have like to have verified if that one guy really was a state trooper and if so let his C/O know.
    And if he wasn*t and LE could have been alerted and investigated they could have gotten him for the straw purchase and impersonating.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    They do.
    Then why didn't they arrest the hoodlums at ScotsGuards' booth?

(Chester County)

Then why didn't they arrest the hoodlums at ScotsGuards' booth?
    Probably because scotsguard didn*t notify them.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by carrguy1 View Post
    Good for him (not in a smart Alec way). The 03A3 i tried to sell a few shows ago that I was talking about earlier, I carried it around the whole damn show. I had LOTS of people stop me and ask me about it and want to look closer. None of the show goers wanted to buy and as I said any of the dealers wanted it for way lower than my reasonable price and got annoyed when I declined like I owed them something. It was weird and discouraging which is why I didn*t bother carrying around anything this time.

He's very reasonable on his prices.
    FJB

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast