Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
Isn't there an "out" for carrying a pistol in a car owned by a valid LTCF carrier? Yes, I know it's a stretch and would be an uphill battle in court (certainly against the "spirit" of the loophole that is designed to protect those who borrow the car of an LTCF holder).
Yes, there is, but it's dependent on who is the owner of the gun. Also, I agree with you, that it would end up being an 'affirmative defense' after charges were filed, and by no means a slam-dunk win.

(13) Any person who is otherwise eligible to possess a firearm under this chapter and who is operating a motor vehicle which is registered in the person's name or the name of a spouse or parent and which contains a firearm for which a valid license has been issued pursuant to section 6109 to the spouse or parent owning the firearm.
Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
I guess as long as I am with her, it wouldn't matter?
Not necessarily. If you're together, but the gun is holstered on her hip, *SHE* is arguably "carrying" the gun, and unless making an exempted trip, could be seen to be outside of the law. If you took possession while in the vehicle, or stuck it in a box under your seat (no lock necessary, just creating "separation" from the custody and control of your daughter), IMO you'd be more likely to either not be charged or have an easier battle in court then sending her out alone and relying on 6106 (b)(13).

Also, if it's "daughter's gun" (perfectly legal), 6106 (b)(13) wouldn't apply.