Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default I just bought 1000 rnds of .223 for $50.

I was in Gander MTN picking up my Ruger 454 after a trigger job. Two guy walks up to the gunsmith and holds up one box of Wolf 223. They said it was inherited doesn't have a gun in that caliber. Dealer said they don't buy ammo. I asked how much they have and how much they want. Thet said they'd take $50 just to get rid of it. It was 50 twenty round boxes. twenty five were still shrink wrapped.

I don't shoot wolf anymore, but for that price I'll make an exception.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: I just bought 1000 rnds of .223 for $50.

Well, you just hit the lottery, now didn't you?

Congrats. You have $250-$270 worth of ammo there.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

why can't I find prices like this? ughhhhhhh

nice buy. can't complain about that 1!
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by TheLAW View Post
    I was in Gander MTN picking up my Ruger 454 after a trigger job. Two guy walks up to the gunsmith and holds up one box of Wolf 223. They said it was inherited doesn't have a gun in that caliber. Dealer said they don't buy ammo. I asked how much they have and how much they want. Thet said they'd take $50 just to get rid of it. It was 50 twenty round boxes. twenty five were still shrink wrapped.

I don't shoot wolf anymore, but for that price I'll make an exception.
    Well seeing there was a robbery at a gun shop this weekend, I would probably not brag about buying real cheap stuff right now. It is one of the main reasons stores wont buy back things like Ammo that do not have a way to trace on it, but the box could be marked...
    Last edited by Frenchy; November 18th, 2008 at 04:30 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Shit. Shows how naive I am. I was jealous about your good deal, now I'm sorry you are in the middle of this. I hate theives almost as much as I hate vandals.

Quote Originally Posted by mark775 View Post
    Shit. Shows how naive I am. I was jealous about your good deal, now I'm sorry you are in the middle of this. I hate theives almost as much as I hate vandals.
    YES, YOU ARE NAIVE.

i think its a bit of a jump to say the stolen handguns in pgh are related to this guys ammo deal in harrisburg. Not even sure why that needs to be said, people sell stuff all the time theres no reason to suggest its stolen property because its a good deal...xdnotcool45

Quote Originally Posted by mark775 View Post
    Don't take me wrong, I am not stating this ammo is hot, just saying if some one offers to sell some thing way under the usual price, in this case close to 60% off, there might be some thing wrong.

Most robberies are followed by quick cash sales. They almost always have a hardship story to take you off guard...

You hear some thing like
    They said it was inherited doesn't have a gun in that caliber
    Makes you wonder, why even accept the bullets without the gun? Why not sell to the person who "inherited" the gun? After all, at $50, he would certainly buy them.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Don't take me wrong, I am not stating this ammo is hot, just saying if some one offers to sell some thing way under the usual price, in this case close to 60% off, there might be some thing wrong.

Most robberies are followed by quick cash sales. They almost always have a hardship story to take you off guard...

You hear some thing like
    Makes you wonder, why even accept the bullets without the gun? Why not sell to the person who "inherited" the gun? After all, at $50, he would certainly buy them.
    In the last two years "stolen" deals have fallen into my lap. Arsenal AK for $350, Thompson Contender with all kinds of bells and whistles $200, Rem 870 police with shurfire, red dot and two barrels $300. When it comes to firearms and related items lately I'm lucky.

A few years ago I sold two S&W revolvers for 1/5th of what they were worth. Yes I was stupid, on the other hand maybe they were stolen.

No, these guys were on the up and up, "how do I know"? SCREW YOU is how.

YES 1000 ROUNDS FOR $50, suck it.

And have a GOOD one.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLAW View Post
    In the last two years "stolen" deals have fallen into my lap. Arsenal AK for $350, Thompson Contender with all kinds of bells and whistles $200, Rem 870 police with shurfire, red dot and two barrels $300. When it comes to firearms and related items lately I'm lucky.

A few years ago I sold two S&W revolvers for 1/5th of what they were worth. Yes I was stupid, on the other hand maybe they were stolen.

No, these guys were on the up and up, "how do I know"? SCREW YOU is how.

YES 1000 ROUNDS FOR $50, suck it.

And have a GOOD one.
    There would be no way of knowing it was stolen, for 50.00 i would of jumped all over the ammo, but if it was a firearm thats another story, i would rather buy it legit then having a change of it coming back to bite me in the ass.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast