I just came in from our last day to hunt deer this season.
Beautiful day to sit under a tree with my .44 Henry.

I was in the woods quite a bit this year.

Before early archery, I had 5 trail cams out and saw a few nice buck hanging out on my salt Block.
I.passed on 2 small 8 points knowing a few bigger boys were around.
As stated here before, they crawl into a hole. I never saw the 12 point after his initial visits.
The big 8 I would see on and off and had hopes of him stopping by.
That nontypical might also have been a mount. I still.think he had 2 triple brow tines.

After early archery ( season 1) came old mans and young kids rifle doe season.
3 days. I didn't see a deer in 2A so got skunked in season 2.

Rifle season ( season 3 ) was also a bust and I mixed it up with a few rifles and my crossbow.

Season 4 ( late archery for me and flint for many) was when I scored the 9 point.

Not a single person I know got a deer this year. That was odd.
My flinter buddy was at his farm today and saw 2 deer as he was cleaning up at dark.

So, all in all, a good season, got out quite a bit. My knees hate me to the point I'm not applying for a cow elk tag in Wyoming.

A couple of the old guys are losing interest or its getting to be too difficult. I suppose my time will come.
I'm going to sell off a savage. 300 win mag, my.pump .06, and maybe the National Ordnance .06. That'll leave me my Tikka, 7mm mag , 30 30 and Henry.

I can still climb my tree, I was able to drag that deer and still enjoy being out in the woods.

Good luck. Hope a few more of you guys did ok.