Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default PSA compact dagger

I'm thinking of picking up a psa dagger compact with an optics cut in the slide. anyone have any hands on with the gun?
    Also, I want to add a micro dot, but don't want to break the bank for a 300-dollar Glock gen 3 clone.
    This will be mostly a range gun as I already have my self-defense needs taken care of.
    thanks in advance for any help,
    dg01-51655116727_1_1.jpg
    75/15/10

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PSA compact dagger

That is just the variation I had my eye on,I'll wait for your review as you'll likely get it before I do.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Chester County)

I grabbed a compact Dagger with the rmr cut slide a few weeks ago because I've wanted to try out a pistol with a mini RDS and not spend a fortune. I added a Holosun 407C x2, with the 8moa circle reticle because I wanted something that is easy to find the dot. I haven't gotten it to the range yet, for a number of reasons, buy the ergos are great and it seems very well made. I'm still dry firing it while getting used to finding the reticle in the RDS, which takes practice. Had I done adequate research, I would have bought the Doctor cut slide version, since it seems there are more mid-quality mini RDS available in the Doctor cut patern than the rmr pattern.

This was the review that helped me make my final decision to purchase he Dagger, that along with the free AR15 stripped lower and free shipping along with the finished frame for $99.99 ->

(Lackawanna County)

I’ve got a dagger upper. It’s really pretty solid for the price point especially. I wouldn’t know it was that cheap if I didn’t pay for it

(Northampton County)

I ended up ordering a slide assembly with the doctor cut pattern (on your suggestion, thank you) and a frame with a viridian laser.
    The frame with laser was $119. with free shipping, the slide was $249. plus $8.50 shipped.
    I will never use the threaded barrel, and if I ever do, I can always get another so that saved a few extra bucks.
    thank you for the input. Roland
    75/15/10

(Lebanon County)

i been wanting something like this, but not a glock.
    i also like that they have "normal" rifling and can handle lead loads. most likely will end up with one of the slides that has all the fancy cutouts in it. for 299.00 with the 10 mags it was a pretty good deal. my trigger finger was quicker than my scrolling finger the day i ordered mine...otherwise i would have ended up with a black or gray one, but the fde is growing on me.
    at the end of the day i pretty happy with my not a glock that clearly a glock.psadagger.jpg
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Chester County)

Finally got around to shooting my PSA Dagger compact pistol yesterday and it was a joy to shoot. Flawless with 115 gr. fmj, out of the Magpul15 and OEM Glock 19 mag. Very soft shooting, possibly the softest shooting 9mm pistol I've ever shot. Compared to my buddy's Sig P320 4", it was softer and much smoother shooting, it made the 320 feel clunky. I could feel the Sig slide hit home on both ends of it's cycle, whereas the Dagger was just a single, soft recoil impulse.

I have the RMR cut slide with a Holosun Hs407C x2 installed and am just getting used to the micro RDS but after getting a few hundred more rounds through this pistol, I won't hesitate to add it to my carry rotation. As per most modern production pistols, it is as accurate or more than I am, I kust need to get faster with sight acquisition, I'm still a pistol RDS newb.

The PSA Dagger compact gets the eatmydust seal of approval, especially at it's price - starting at $299 + s&h, tax and ffl fee.

(York County)

I have been looking at these for a few weeks. I am not a Glock fan (grip angle and narrow trigger guard), but this *not a Glock*, as you stated, could fill my desire for a mid sized RDS wearing carry pistol. My eyes aren*t what they used to be a red dot sure helps get on target more quickly. I like the little bit more space surrounding the go pedal. My Shrek fingers need that.