Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Honest Opinions on Springfield XDs?Ive been thinking of trading mine

I Absolutely love my XD9 people seem to criticize the grip safety however it’s never been an issue for me the only downside to this gun is the really stiff magazine release with a full magazine other than that it’s been an absolute tank.I don’t shoot this gun as much as I do my Glock 19 it just sits in my safe,I’ve thinking about getting rid of it for something that could be of more use I’m quite afraid I’ll regret getting rid of it.Let know your thoughts and experiences on the XD lineup from Springfield!
    Last edited by FatTrex; November 26th, 2022 at 05:43 PM.

Default Re: Honest Opinions on Springfield XDs?

I have a xd and sub compact mod2 neither has any issues the full size I've had probably 15yrs and who knows how many thousand rounds through it. Most of the hate comes from some failures in classes either the grip safety failing or the roll pin through the striker breaking. But the failures aren't as wide spread as the haters make it seem.

Just sold my XD earlier this year. I really regret it. I sold it to fund the purchase of my Hellcat Pro. I like the Hellcat, but the XD was a good gun

Despite have more training, trigger time and round count on my Glock 45 duty weapon, I shot the XD better. I think it's the trigger.

I saw one at a gun show, the guy couldnt rack the slide and show me the pistol even with the safety off, mag out. I never touched it because the slide was closed, I dont handle unknown firearms in an unknown condition
    I never looked at another one
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Bucks County)

I like them. I've had an XDSC9 and XDM40 for years. They've been extremely reliable and accurate right out of the box.

They fit my hand better than Glocks, which I also own. (as long as the subcompact has a pinky extension or full sized magazine)

It doesn't bother me in the least that they're Croatian. The Yugos have always made good guns.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

(Philadelphia County)

Not really much of a point when Glock is around. They always seemed like the gimmicky knock off to Glock. Like yeah Glock works, but look at the XD because it has this that and the other thing to make it seem more special.

(Monroe County)

I like my xd's. Never had an issue with any of them. People bitch about the grip safety, for what reason I don't know. If you're holding the gun properly, it's not an issue. Honestly, I've never shot a Glock, and don't care if I ever do. There's nothing they could do any better than what I already have. When I bought my first xd's, gen 3 Glocks were out and those finger grooves just didn't work with my hands (perfection, my ass). So, we ended up with xd's. I'll never sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    Not really much of a point when Glock is around. They always seemed like the gimmicky knock off to Glock. Like yeah Glock works, but look at the XD because it has this that and the other thing to make it seem more special.

The Glock grip angle sucks, so there.

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    I had an 4 inch XD 9 for my personal gun. I have a G45 for my duty weapon. My XD was better to me. Way better trigger, better grip, and I just shot it better. Way better. The only things I will give the Glock is that it has a better sight (my Agency got us night sights) and standard capacity is one round more. The sight thing really doesn't count as it's not standard, and my XD was. And honestly, the front sight on my Hellcat Pro is way better than the Glock night sight

I have one of the xds models that were recalled. I like the gun but when I sent it back to springfield for the recall I bought a ruger lcp to carry. When I got the xds back I put it in the safe and i still carry the lcp.

XD-S** Recall Update 2/21/2014
    Dear Springfield Customer,
    We have been upgrading XD-S* pistols at full capacity and remain on schedule.
    We are currently working on XD-S* pistols received on Jan. 13, 2014.
    All XD-S* pistols received between Jan. 13 * Jan. 24, 2014 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by Feb. 28, 2014.
    All XD-S* pistols received between Jan. 25 * Feb. 21, 2014 will be upgraded and shipped back to their owners by March 7, 2014.
    We remain fully committed to resolving this matter as quickly as possible and we are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S*.
    When your upgraded pistol is finished, you will receive a shipping notice and tracking information at the e-mail address you provided for the XD-S* recall. As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S* until the upgrade has been performed.
    NOTE: If special requests or instructions were included with your 3.3 XD-S*, it may not be returned according to the above schedule.
    Please accept our heartfelt thanks for your patience, loyalty and support of Springfield Armory®.
    For additional update information please click the link below to view the full update for the XD-S* recall. If this document doesn't address your question, please call 800-680-6866 or send your question to recall@springfield-armory.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast