Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PickingPA Guest

Default 1911 Holster Recommendations

Looking for a comfortable IWB holster for a full size 1911 A1. Only really considering leather. Looking for something in the $50 range.

Not for EDC, just to switch things up sometimes, now that it’s cold and easier to conceal I prefer to carry a bit more power than my usual G43

Don Hume seems to have some highly rated setups for the price.

Any personal experience with Hume or other brands?

Default Re: 1911 Holster Recommendations

Don Hume makes a good IWB leather holster. I have one for my PF9 and it works well. Another to consider would be Muddy River Tactical. I also have one of their IWB holsters for my P365.

PickingPA Guest

Hmmm, the Muddy River has excellent reviews and a friendly price point

And an extra 15% off for giving my spam email address

(Bucks County)

If you ever consider leaving the 19th century, check out the Blade Tech inside the pants. I*ve used one every day for probably 20 years. It*s the schiznit.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    If you ever consider leaving the 19th century, check out the Blade Tech inside the pants. I*ve used one every day for probably 20 years. It*s the schiznit.
    ???

Why do you say that? Because I said I’d prefer leather for a 1911 setup?

See, if we're talking pure IWB heaven, then a holster from N8 Tactical is the way to go for me. Most comfortable IWB holsters I've ever owned. You forget you're even carrying when wearing one.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    ???

Why do you say that? Because I said I*d prefer leather for a 1911 setup?
    Yes. I*m not being snotty either. You said not really considering anything but leather- so I threw this in just in case you might consider kydex.
    I used inside the pants leather for many years. I switched to the blade tech kydex when my leather gave up the ghost. After a bit of use, I came to like the kydex much better. You might also, dunno.

I*ve carried a full size 1911 appendix carry for more than 30 years. That*s everyday, for breakfast lunch and dinner. That*s a lot of carry time with an inside the pants. Just trying to be helpful.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

PickingPA Guest

Yes. I*m not being snotty either. You said not really considering anything but leather- so I threw this in just in case you might consider kydex.
    I used inside the pants leather for many years. I switched to the blade tech kydex when my leather gave up the ghost. After a bit of use, I came to like the kydex much better. You might also, dunno.

I*ve carried a full size 1911 appendix carry for more than 30 years. That*s everyday, for breakfast lunch and dinner. That*s a lot of carry time with an inside the pants. Just trying to be helpful.
    My EDC is a Glock 43 in a Zorn Carbon Fiber Skinny Rig (full concealment tucked appendix) at work. I could never get used to appendix until I tried Zorn
    https://zornholsters.com/product/skinny-rig/

I have a variety of kydex for my other polymer handguns.

I’ll look at Blade Tech, but I’d prefer leather for my 1911. It has nothing to do with living in the 19th Century.

I have used Don Hume products for years. Most of my Hume holsters have been the JIT model, an OWB holster. The JIT has worked best for semi-autos. My revolver JITs have not held the weapons as securely.

I do have a Hume IWB holster or two, but I have not used them in years. One was for a Glock 19 that I never grew any affection for. The Hume holster have worked well, I prefer OWB personally.

I like the Don Hume holsters

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RLS View Post
    I have used Don Hume products for years. Most of my Hume holsters have been the JIT model, an OWB holster. The JIT has worked best for semi-autos. My revolver JITs have not held the weapons as securely.

I do have a Hume IWB holster or two, but I have not used them in years. One was for a Glock 19 that I never grew any affection for. The Hume holster have worked well, I prefer OWB personally.

I like the Don Hume holsters
    Thanks for your input

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast