Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Wyoming County)

Default Re: Diesel shortage = everything shortage

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Mine is different but I'm not confident enough to bet anything on it and maybe someone who knows for certain can help us out. My understanding is that oil comes out of the ground and they pump it into one of those tall, thin tanks with pipes coming off of the top of it and they slowly heat the oil. As it reaches certain temps, lower boiling products boil off and are captured and condensed. As each one is is exhausted, they raise the temp to get the next one and diesel is pretty much near the end of the line with things like asphalt being one of the final products. Am I wrong?
    In chem class, they called this fractional distillation.
    Ok, I guess I now have a little bit more of an understanding.

Diesel is or at least WAS less refined than gasoline, until ULSD (Ultra low sulfur diesel)

Diesel fuel is heavier and less volatile than gasoline, which makes it simpler to refine from crude oil.
    https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/articles/4/

In recent years, the federal government has mandated changes to the acceptable sulfur level of diesel fuel, and refiners must comply with these mandates to create an ultra low sulfur diesel fuel product. This means significant investments in new technology and several distillations before the finished fuel is deemed acceptable by government inspectors.
    https://www.smartcapitalmind.com/why...n-gasoline.htm

So in my humble opinion the HIGH price of diesel is severely affected by the Gov't's war on diesel, at least moreso than the myth that we are running out of it.

But the simple fact (as far as I'm concerned) is that the quantity of diesel available can be easily altered once the morons running this country realize that nothing works without diesel.

*ETA: If I'm not mistaken, Kerosene is also known as #1 diesel, and what we use in motor vehicles is known as #2 diesel (has more additives than kerosene)
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; November 18th, 2022 at 12:48 PM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Pedo Joe's war on petro energy is about to screw all of us hard.

Diesel fuel shortage is gonna disrupt supply lines like nothing you have seen since the Carter administration.

If you think you might need something in the near future, best buy it now.

Between inflation and shortages, its gonna get ugly.

I'm going to buy more cases of canned food , me.

Add a long siphon hose and pump. Find liberals with oil heat and take it out of their tanks, let the assholes freeze. Give them a can of Spam for the oil.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    FJB should be executed for what he has done to this country. 81 million voted for this? Execute them too.
    At least 30 million of the 81m don't exist. Deep state operatives should be held accountable.

(Bucks County)

How often it's been said, "Let'em straighten out their own country instead of coming here!", when we are not straightening out ourselves.

The ONLY acceptable way to do that here is the vote. Anything else is illegal. Just like when the founders took on England was illegal.

We'll never reach that point until we are starving. Or, pharmaceuticals cannot be had due to lack of diesel fuel. When loved ones suffer or die as a result, then maybe....
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    How often it's been said, "Let'em straighten out their own country instead of coming here!", when we are not straightening out ourselves.

The ONLY acceptable way to do that here is the vote. Anything else is illegal. Just like when the founders took on England was illegal.

We'll never reach that point until we are starving. Or, pharmaceuticals cannot be had due to lack of diesel fuel. When loved ones suffer or die as a result, then maybe....
    Illegal. Yes.

Those of us that obey the laws are being raped by the DC and Harrisburg gang that do not.

The laws regardn elections are ignored. The Bill of Rights is being ignored. Graft laws are being ignored. Insider trading laws.

At some point those who produce the GDP are going to declare enough and start hanging criminal politicians from overpasses.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Illegal. Yes.

Those of us that obey the laws are being raped by the DC and Harrisburg gang that do not.

The laws regardn elections are ignored. The Bill of Rights is being ignored. Graft laws are being ignored. Insider trading laws.

At some point those who produce the GDP are going to declare enough and start hanging criminal politicians from overpasses.
    The sooner the better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12