Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: FTF Handgun Purchase issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Lshaw View Post
    I get your POV, I could have easily tried to do work myself and blamed the seller and made this thread. However if that were the case and you guys found out, this would all implode on me.
    And to be VERY clear on this ... I am NOT saying you are lying or wrong or are bad at buying used guns or anything else.

I am saying that the rest of us don't KNOW you aren't any of those things and am pointing out that we are just hearing one side of a story.

My model train example was to show that all parties can believe they are being up front and honest but see the same situation very differently and the truth usually resides somewhere in between. We all see experiences through a filter that makes us think we are right. (Usually) and it's hard to view things objectively when you COULD have screwed up. As humans, we hate admitting that.

My 3rd party opinion here is that you probably could have done more to verify the gun was in working order. And I don't mean that as an insult I mean that as a learning experience. I have no opinion on if you got purposely defrauded because I haven't heard from the seller.

It's also possible that the seller isn't responding because he believed the gun to be in 100% working order and thinks that you are full of shit. And maybe the gun gun was broken and he legit didn't know.

Hell for all we know both you and the seller are totally legit and the manaufactorer's armorer screwed up.

I will say that when I buy anything used I am judging the seller as much as the item I am buying. Does this seems like an honest person? I will ask technical questions about the item that I many not even care about just to see if the seller knows what he is talking about. If I ask the same question twice do I get the same answer? Do his answers seem natural and reasonable or are they overly elaborate like they have been rehearsed? If at any point I judge the seller to be shady I might walk away unless it's such a good deal that I think it's worth high risk or that I think I can fix any problems. (Got a great snowblower like that for $50 from a guy I KNEW was flat out lying to me about it. A new $12 carburator from Amazon later and it runs like a dream.)

(Bucks County)

Is the seller a used car salesman? Uhh...sales person?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Is the seller a used car salesman? Uhh...sales person?
    FJB

(Berks County)

Very interesting read. Everyone always says send it back to manufacture. This isn*t unusual for manufacturers to put guns back to stock. Sounds like some interesting modifications were done. 1900 dollars for a bubba gun is worth a story. O.P. don*t buy used guns without a gunsmith checking it out. Couple hundred bucks in gasoline trekking across the state and back adds insult to injury. Better luck next time I guess.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

unless the guy seller (owner #2) bought the pistol already modded by the previous owner, decided the gun wasn't his cuppa, and decided to sell it without knowing it was modded by owner #1 to owner #3
    Hell I put stuff in my 1911 all the time,

cut them some slack.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Berks County)

I must ask again, why do people set up seller accounts instead of selling with their own good name and handle so they are known?
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lshaw View Post
    Giving the guy a chance to make things right*

He has until tomorrow morning. Sent a message yesterday and last one this morning.

It*s literally only been 24 hours since I got the final bill and contacted the seller about reimbursing me for shipping and parts charges.
    It's been about 96 hours now.... is there any update?

This thread gave enough information to find the seller in the classified ads. So if there was happy resolution people should know. If there was not, people should know.

(Allegheny County)

KyleR is the username. Never got any response. Texted, emailed, PMed.

(Berks County)

There is a feedback forum. It would warn others in the future who probably won't find this thread. His other feedback is positive.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Here is the link to KyleR*s feedback thread. I would post your experience in the thread. He can either tell his story or ignore your post. But considering he posts quite a few for sale threads a lot of people could benefit from the heads up.

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ighlight=KyleR

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast