Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default FTF Handgun Purchase issues.

KyleR is the seller. never communicated with me again after sale.

Just need some opinions on my situation.

Purchased handgun on this forum and met the guy FTF.
    -Described as like new, excellent condition, low round count etc. Middle tier handgun ~$1900.
    -Looks good when I got it, dry fire fine. Can’t really do much in the shop in terms of digging deeper. Few days later I begin to notice an issue with the grip safety. It’s hella lose, and has no spring tension 40% of the way and it rattles. Okay no big deal. The company has a great warranty and this is a part that would surely be covered since it’s integral part of safety.

Sent it in. I get a call back with some grim news. The gun has been worked on some parts are out of spec and wrong parts are installed. They cannot warranty the gun since it’s been opened and worked on. Im stuck Bc they can’t give me the gun without putting it back to stock spec. Meaning I have to have them replace and fix all the parts that were out of stock spec and I have to pay for shipping back and forth.

Mainspring housing damaged, needs replaced.
    Wrong mainspring housing pin, needs replaced.
    Trigger weight was lightened, not sure how, but they set it back to factory spec
    Grip safety replaced and returned to factory weight
    Front site installed, was 3.5” high, sight replaced.

All was fixed in the end and 100% back to functional stock specs. But out of my wallet.

I know these are the risks of buying a used gun. But do I have any grounds to push the seller more for some compensation. He is not answering any of my texts at the moment.

I never directly asked if he worked on the gun also. But I did ask the condition, round count, and obviously if all factory goods came with it etc.

What would you guys do or how would you feel? Any advice would be great. Any admins who feel I have grounds, can help me message the member on here wound be great also.

I have paperwork of all the work done from manufacture and obviously texts emails etc from our transaction about the condition of the gun.
    Last edited by Lshaw; December 9th, 2022 at 01:07 PM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: FTF Handgun Purchase issues.

As a buyer on here, I would view feedback of the affair essential to our marketplace here. I would think that one who deals like that should be persona non grata. Particularly after giving him a chance to address the issue.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

I've bought my fair share of guns here. Only a few minor issues That I let go but if I was in your shoes i'd throw a friggin fit. I'd let the guy have the opurtunity to make it right if he didn't I'd make damn sure he would have a hard time doing it to someone else. I know there's crooks everywhere but I think we have an obligation to root them out and protect the rest of the group from them.

(Lehigh County)

In my mind the seller should be covering the repair costs needed to bring it up to 'like new, excellent condition' as advertised and sold.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    As a buyer on here, I would view feedback of the affair essential to our marketplace here. I would think that one who deals like that should be persona non grata. Particularly after giving him a chance to address the issue.
    Yup it’s almost been 24 hours since the first text. Followed up today with the entire description of what the manufacturer quoted and reasonings.

Will give it a little more time for a response. Sent an email as well and a PM on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    I've bought my fair share of guns here. Only a few minor issues That I let go but if I was in your shoes i'd throw a friggin fit. I'd let the guy have the opurtunity to make it right if he didn't I'd make damn sure he would have a hard time doing it to someone else. I know there's crooks everywhere but I think we have an obligation to root them out and protect the rest of the group from them.
    I agree if it was just a small minor issue here and there, cosmetic ding etc. It happens. But with my purchase, in my mind, knowing what I know now. That’s not okay, especially from a safety standpoint. I’m giving him a chance to fix it. But no response yet, and usually that’s a bad sign. In my experience.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    In my mind the seller should be covering the repair costs needed to bring it up to 'like new, excellent condition' as advertised and sold.
    If I were the seller and read this thread, I would have already contacted the OP about working something out.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

If a used "middle tier" handgun is $1900, what the heck is a top tier handgun in your book?
    F*#K THE ATF

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    If I were the seller and read this thread, I would have already contacted the OP about working something out.
    I feel like I ask all the right questions before I buy a used gun. But I don’t ask if it’s been worked on, intervals parts replaced. I guess it’s now time I do.

Anyways that’s all I’m asking for, repair costs.

Hopefully he will do the right thing.

If the ad said "like new", then that's a false statement if the gun was extensively modified.

That's not even debatable.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Westmoreland County)

Not that I am recommending this as a course of action, but as possible leverage. You can sue anyone in small claims court. Particularly if you have evidence that you specifically asked questions regarding this type of issue or condition of the item. The report from the manufacturer that states the gun had been taken apart, worked on and now has incorrectly installed parts would be as good as expert testimony that the gun was not sold to you in the represented state. Since this has left you as a damaged party, I would think you would have grounds for a small claims action to be made whole if you are forced by the manufacturer to bear the cost of restoration as they will not return the gun without repair cost and shipping. So you sue for the cost of the repair and shipping both ways. Or you let the nimrod know that is your intent and see if he will refund your money. If you are going to file in small claims, don't let him know before he gets the summons. If it was me, on principle I would sue the bastard. You may then have a gun that is not what you paid for, but did not lose all of your value. Then work to get paid from them or threaten his credit with a lien or garnishment order.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast