Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: FTF Handgun Purchase issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikebuckets View Post
    Here is the link to KyleR*s feedback thread. I would post your experience in the thread. He can either tell his story or ignore your post. But considering he posts quite a few for sale threads a lot of people could benefit from the heads up.

https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ighlight=KyleR
    I agree but at this point he has done nothing to defend himself ..better off if the mods step in to mediate or ban him

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    I agree but at this point he has done nothing to defend himself ..better off if the mods step in to mediate or ban him
    I was wondering about this myself.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(York County)

You don't know that.

You just know he hasn't been in this thread posting anything publicly.

You don't KNOW that he is even aware there is a problem. You are trusting the OP's version of the story to be accurate. And it may very well be. But you don't KNOW that.

I like to separate what I think vs what is likely vs what I KNOW to be factual. I find there is usually discrepancy between the 3.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    You don't know that.

You don't KNOW that he is even aware there is a problem. You are trusting the OP's version of the story to be accurate. And it may very well be. But you don't KNOW that.

I like to separate what I think vs what is likely vs what I KNOW to be factual. I find there is usually discrepancy between the 3.
    I'd rep you again if I could.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceballs View Post
    You don't know that.

So what do you think.....if there are 3 sides to the story. If you are the seller, post what your response would be.

In my opinion if the seller tried to mediate the issue I doubt we would have 7 pages on this thread..

(Allegheny County)

So what do you think.....if there are 3 sides to the story. If you are the seller, post what your response would be.

In my opinion if the seller tried to mediate the issue I doubt we would have 7 pages on this thread..
    You assume he even knows this thread exists.

This is why in the old days, threads like this were forbidden.
    Well, you could talk vaguely about it, but "no discussion about specific classifieds" and especially no revealing of names outside of the feedback section.

The "rules" are treated more like stop signs these days - merely "suggestions".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    You assume he even knows this thread exists.

This is why in the old days, threads like this were forbidden.
    Well, you could talk vaguely about it, but "no discussion about specific classifieds" and especially no revealing of names outside of the feedback section.

The "rules" are treated more like stop signs these days - merely "suggestions".
    This thread is pretty popular on the site especially if you go into the General section to check out your deals thread, which i personally do....so maybe he is aware....maybe not, maybe the OP is a premadonna who expects a used gun to be sparkling new bathed in oil presented with flowers and candy, but when you buy a used gun...you buy a used gun......I have a Staccato and the gun is pretty tight on tolerance and when I noticed some wear on the slide release on minimal rounds fired their customer service was very responsive. So it is possible the issues they uncovered that the OP posted about maybe legit

But as a seller on here and sometimes a buyer I always try to post feedback...if it is crappy feedback on a sale I would want to find out why to rectify the situation.

(Allegheny County)

I’ve let him know that if he didn’t respond I’ll take it to the forum.

(Allegheny County)

This thread is pretty popular on the site especially if you go into the General section to check out your deals thread, which i personally do....so maybe he is aware....maybe not, maybe the OP is a premadonna who expects a used gun to be sparkling new bathed in oil presented with flowers and candy, but when you buy a used gun...you buy a used gun......I have a Staccato and the gun is pretty tight on tolerance and when I noticed some wear on the slide release on minimal rounds fired their customer service was very responsive. So it is possible the issues they uncovered that the OP posted about maybe legit

But as a seller on here and sometimes a buyer I always try to post feedback...if it is crappy feedback on a sale I would want to find out why to rectify the situation.
    Listen I know buying a used gun is subjective in terms of condition etc. However I’ve asked multiple times if the gun was very good to excellent condition and he confirmed. In my mind that also implies that the gun wouldn’t be damaged, wrong stock parts, wrong stock specs.

I sent it in because the grip safety was pretty loose to the point where the grip safety was so mushy there was almost an 1/4-1/2” of no tension slack. I didn’t think much of it when I saw and examined the gun, but I’m sure he knew of this and I called him out for it. Least he can do it at least answer me in any form or fashion.

I sent multiple texts, emails, PMs. I gave him more than ample time to respond. At this point, weeks later, I don’t really care anymore, just letting you guys know my experience, take what you want from this.

I have ZERO reason to make any of this up btw as it benefits me in zero way.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Very interesting read. Everyone always says send it back to manufacture. This isn*t unusual for manufacturers to put guns back to stock. Sounds like some interesting modifications were done. 1900 dollars for a bubba gun is worth a story. O.P. don*t buy used guns without a gunsmith checking it out. Couple hundred bucks in gasoline trekking across the state and back adds insult to injury. Better luck next time I guess.
    Yup, tough luck. But Mayb I’ll spend a few extra $$$ and buy new next time!!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast