Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: FTF Handgun Purchase issues.

Sorry this happened to you. Sometimes people suck.

I*ve bought a good amount of firearms and other stuff here. I would really appreciate you outting the seller so no one else gets burnt.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    Anyone else have an issue with this? They can absolutely give it back to you, sounds like the garage that told my daughter, "We really can't let you leave with those brakes that worn, it's required we replaced them." She called me and I told her, "Put that asshole on the phone."
    This was one of my questions about the situation but I got too busy at work to reply with my full thought sooner.

That’s seems pretty shady to me. If they can’t put it back together because the damage is so extensive then send me back all the pieces.

(Berks County)

Give him another day or two, then bring out the pitchforks and torches. You're probably SOL. I wouldn't post his phone number, but certainly his username here.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lshaw View Post
    Just need some opinions on my situation.

Purchased handgun on this forum and met the guy FTF.
    -Described as like new, excellent condition, low round count etc. Middle tier handgun ~$1900.
    -Looks good when I got it, dry fire fine. Can*t really do much in the shop in terms of digging deeper. Few days later I begin to notice an issue with the grip safety. It*s hella lose, and has no spring tension 40% of the way and it rattles. Okay no big deal. The company has a great warranty and this is a part that would surely be covered since it*s integral part of safety.

Sent it in. I get a call back with some grim news. The gun has been worked on extensively and parts are installed incorrectly, out of spec and wrong parts are installed. They cannot warranty the gun since it*s been opened and worked on. Im stuck Bc they can*t give me the gun without putting it back to stock spec. Meaning I have to have them replace and fix all the parts that were out of stock spec and I have to pay for shipping back and forth.

Mainspring housing damaged, needs replaced.
    Wrong mainspring housing pin, needs replaced.
    Trigger weight was lightened, not sure how, but they set it back to factory spec
    Grip safety replaced and returned to factory weight
    Front site installed, was 3.5* high, sight replaced.

I know these are the risks of buying a used gun. But do I have any grounds to push the seller more for some compensation. He is not answering any of my texts at the moment.

I never directly asked if he worked on the gun also. But I did ask the condition, round count, and obviously if all factory goods came with it etc.

What would you guys do or how would you feel? Any advice would be great. Any admins who feel I have grounds, can help me message the member on here wound be great also.

I have paperwork of all the work done from manufacture and obviously texts emails etc from our transaction about the condition of the gun.

I assume you met the seller FTF and completed the transfer at an FFL per state law, so you have a copy of SP4-113, the PSP Firearm Record of Transfer. At the bottom is the section for the seller's information and address. Knock on his door and show him the response from the manufacturer.

(Bucks County)

I say out the turd, immediately.
    The gunsmith in me is curious to know what type of pistol it is.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    This was one of my questions about the situation but I got too busy at work to reply with my full thought sooner.

That*s seems pretty shady to me. If they can*t put it back together because the damage is so extensive then send me back all the pieces.
    All good poiunts.....Trust me i get what youre saying. And i guess i could pushed for them to give it back to me in pieces. But i also dont want to be put in a situation where i am now: I cant get in touch with the seller to return the gun for a refund (tough to refund guns with FFL transfer etc, plus hes across the state) and i dont want a gun back that doesnt work nor have a piece of mind with.

FWIW. The majority of the charges were for shipping back and forth UPS next day air since warranty was denied.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BRS View Post
    I assume you met the seller FTF and completed the transfer at an FFL per state law, so you have a copy of SP4-113, the PSP Firearm Record of Transfer. At the bottom is the section for the seller's information and address. Knock on his door and show him the response from the manufacturer.
    Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Give him another day or two, then bring out the pitchforks and torches. You're probably SOL. I wouldn't post his phone number, but certainly his username here.
    Yup giving it a few days...coincidentally mayb his phone broke or he doesn't have internet rn! (JK im def getting ghosted )

Yeah very true, but small amount that i had to pay and 350 miles cross state. Ill take it as an L, and send a sparkle bomb or something instead.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    I know it's not a Hi Point, they just fix the shit, no questions asked.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Staccato

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lshaw View Post
    Just need some opinions on my situation . . .

Sent it in. I get a call back with some grim news. The gun has been worked on extensively and parts are installed incorrectly, out of spec and wrong parts are installed. They cannot warranty the gun since it*s been opened and worked on. Im stuck Bc they can*t give me the gun without putting it back to stock spec. Meaning I have to have them replace and fix all the parts that were out of stock spec and I have to pay for shipping back and forth.

Mainspring housing damaged, needs replaced.
    Wrong mainspring housing pin, needs replaced.

Trigger weight was lightened, not sure how, but they set it back to factory spec
    Grip safety replaced and returned to factory weight
    Front site installed, was 3.5* high, sight replaced.
    It appears that the two red highlighted items are the only things "wrong" that are holding the manufacturer from shipping it back (apparently out of an abundance of caution for your safety, but that's a debate for another page of this thread), then just pay them to install those parts. They can't be that expensive; probably less than $100 - $150 and not 15 minutes of labor. Then you get the pistol back, and can deal with the seller for reimbursement for repairs, parts, and freight. Ask for the old parts back; you need them for reimbursement along with the invoice.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast