Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Ammo Shipping & Security

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Having had mopes try to break into my house before, the "smart" ones case the house for days ahead of time and note when it appears that no one is home. That's when they tried to hit me last time.
    The trick is to never leave. You can get ammo, groceries, and booze delivered to your compound, why would you go elsewhere? And if you absolutely have to leave, set perimeter alarms, notifications on cameras, and electrify your doorknobs.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    The trick is to never leave. You can get ammo, groceries, and booze delivered to your compound, why would you go elsewhere? And if you absolutely have to leave, set perimeter alarms, notifications on cameras, and electrify your doorknobs.
    Damn jobs, always getting in the way!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRabbit View Post
    Damn jobs, always getting in the way!
    doesnt everyone work from home?

The trick is to never let anyone know what you have.

(Delaware County)

I have NRA stickers on my car. I have a DCF&S decal on my front door. I carry obvious gun cases to my car in broad daylight. I allow contractors to fix my heater 10 feet from my reloading bench. I have ammunition and parts of all sorts delivered to my house.

And I don*t lose a minute of sleep over any of it. Some people worry too damn much.

(Montgomery County)

People they aren't going to hit you for the ammo, the ammo is an alert there are guns. They will case you and smash and grab for guns when you aren't home.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    If I had to focus on layers of security, I'd move.
    Why?

Layers don't have to be a complicated moat with crocodiles or private security. Some motion lighting, an alarm system, cameras and helpful neighbors are fine...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    People they aren't going to hit you for the ammo, the ammo is an alert there are guns. They will case you and smash and grab for guns when you aren't home.

Why?

Layers don't have to be a complicated moat with crocodiles or private security. Some motion lighting, an alarm system, cameras and helpful neighbors are fine...
    Because it indicates that it's a bad area to me. And that's a thought that has always entered my mind from way back when I worked in Philthytown and saw plenty of houses with steel bars over their doors and windows, on top of the steel fence and gate.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

First off..

Posting what you have, no matter what that may be, should not be open to public eyes. But thats me. What ever you have, is what YOU have. I dont care if you have 500 rounds or two thousand. Dont care.
    Now, if I'm krasner junkie looking for my next hit, and hit the gun forms, bingo.. I now know who has what, and little time after research, I got your location.
    Last edited by Grizzlytrap; November 17th, 2022 at 08:01 AM.

(Butler County)

I have had 10's of thousands of rounds of ammo shipped to my house. I love watching fedex or ups do the slow walk up the driveway carrying an obnoxiously heavy box to my doorstep. Sometimes they break out a hand truck and wheel it up if it's more than 3000 rounds.
    I enjoy when mine come FedEx, my regular driver is cool as hell and always asks where the latest deal is from. Talk guns and other things for a few minutes before he has to go.
    -Brandon

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Because it indicates that it's a bad area to me. And that's a thought that has always entered my mind from way back when I worked in Philthytown and saw plenty of houses with steel bars over their doors and windows, on top of the steel fence and gate.
    So if you live in a generally safe area you don't need door locks? I just think shit can happen anywhere and anytime, and nice neighborhoods get targeted because that's where nice stuff is.

Home security is the same reason to carry a gun. It's unlikely to need the tools but you should damn well be prepared or face the potential consequences. If you strolled through my neighborhood it's the type where you'd legitimately feel comfortable leaving the doors unlocked, etc. But I still take reasonable security measures. And they do not include steel bars haha! Everything is passive, I suppose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12