Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey
    Posts
    2,038
    Rep Power
    14629588

    Default Re: As we pick up the pieces how did we do state wide?

    Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    It’s down to provisionals, military and unverified ballots. The incumbent Republican needs 75% of the remaining votes in order to hold onto the seat.

    So it looks like the Dems will take the House.

    But in a possible bright spot in this:

    The new session will be sworn in on Jan 3, with the vote held same day for the new Speaker. Due to several reasons (a Dem member being sworn in to US Congress same day, the new Lt Gov vacating his House seat, an open dem seat due to death) the Republicans will have a majority in attendance for voting that day.
    Will those three seats be filled by appointment?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Exton, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: As we pick up the pieces how did we do state wide?

    Quote Originally Posted by father-of-five View Post
    Will those three seats be filled by appointment?
    They are to be filled by special election, so there’s hope.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Yardley, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,531
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: As we pick up the pieces how did we do state wide?

    Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    It’s down to provisionals, military and unverified ballots. The incumbent Republican needs 75% of the remaining votes in order to hold onto the seat.

    So it looks like the Dems will take the House.

    But in a possible bright spot in this:

    The new session will be sworn in on Jan 3, with the vote held same day for the new Speaker. Due to several reasons (a Dem member being sworn in to US Congress same day, the new Lt Gov vacating his House seat, an open dem seat due to death) the Republicans will have a majority in attendance for voting that day.
    With the vacant seats doesn't that mean they pick a Republican majority leader? If not, then Republicans could choose the Dem leader?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
    (Columbia County)
    Posts
    1,546
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: As we pick up the pieces how did we do state wide?

    Then there is another void to be filled likely by an anti gun ghoul. That is the Attorney general spot.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Yardley, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,531
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: As we pick up the pieces how did we do state wide?

    Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Then there is another void to be filled likely by an anti gun ghoul. That is the Attorney general spot.
    If Act 77 never existed I'd say we'd have a shot....Otherwise, Nada. I hoped of another outcome that would satisfy, would be holding the house, Senate and gaining the AG position. But looks like that ain't happening.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ercildoun, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    5,093
    Rep Power
    21474851

    Default Re: As we pick up the pieces how did we do state wide?

    I don't understand why the talk of of what Republicans can do. Getting rid of mail in cheating should be the number one priority. Spinning your wheels and wringing your hands is all that you'll be able to until then. What a ridiculous notion you would discuss candidates or voter turnout at this late date.
    We now live in an era which future generations will refer to as *the Great Deception*

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Nunya, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,235
    Rep Power
    21474842

    Default Re: As we pick up the pieces how did we do state wide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Knight View Post
    They are to be filled by special election, so there’s hope.
    Correct

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Yardley, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,531
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: As we pick up the pieces how did we do state wide?

    Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    Correct
    I'm sure they have "mail in" ballots filled in and ready to go! I wouldn't hold out much hope----
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Location
    Waterville, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: As we pick up the pieces how did we do state wide?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    I'm sure they have "mail in" ballots filled in and ready to go! I wouldn't hold out much hope----
    I saw this on youtube sounds plasuable but has to be originized by us to have 1/2 a chance.
    https://youtu.be/OR8IDg185cg

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Nunya, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,235
    Rep Power
    21474842

    Default Re: As we pick up the pieces how did we do state wide?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    With the vacant seats doesn't that mean they pick a Republican majority leader? If not, then Republicans could choose the Dem leader?
    It just means the republicans can delay the Dems from seating their Speaker, presumably House Minority Leader Joanna McClinton. It would result in a bit of a power struggle until the special elections. But don’t discount the possibility that some R’s would vote for her….ya know “reach across the aisle”

    Just a reminder of who she is:
    https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/p.../634363247.mp4

    It looks like the 142nd is going to go Republican, making it 101-101 with the 151st being the tie breaker.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. State Wide Trout Tournament
    By disturbed in forum Hunting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 14th, 2016, 10:10 PM
  2. State Wide Trout Tournament
    By disturbed in forum Hunting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: March 28th, 2014, 04:58 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 17th, 2014, 12:49 AM
  4. Lawsuit could affect ranges state wide!
    By IV_Warrior in forum General
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: January 15th, 2012, 07:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •