Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Question Otis ear pro? EARSHIELD RANGER ELECTRONIC PRO EARMUFF

Looks like Otis recently came out with their own ear pro, EARSHIELD RANGER ELECTRONIC PRO EARMUFF. Anyone try them? Have a pair of Howard Leights that work fine so far, open to options for a back up pair.

https://otistec.com/earshield-ranger...c-pro-earmuff/

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Otis ear pro? EARSHIELD RANGER ELECTRONIC PRO EARMUFF

They look interesting. I like the auto shutoff feature and only needing 2 batteries. My Champions are getting up there in age and will be replaced soon.

They look the same as all the other ones on the market. Not a lot of padding or protection, mediocre NRR, probably the same or comparable electronics as the Howard Leight, Walkers, or any one of many knockoff brands. Solid meh.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    They look the same as all the other ones on the market. Not a lot of padding or protection, mediocre NRR, probably the same or comparable electronics as the Howard Leight, Walkers, or any one of many knockoff brands. Solid meh.
    Agreed. I'd like to have a set of electronic muffs, but the NRR always seems to be lacking compared my passive muffs. They were rated 28 or 30 NRR. I'd like to be rid of the clunky muffs, (that actually sounds dirty...) but can't see the point in going to a lesser NRR and having to double up for the priviledge.

(Berks County)

i went with these and havent had any issues. the NRR is 27dB and they are cheaper then the Otis muffs.
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101712898?pid=830211

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    Agreed. I'd like to have a set of electronic muffs, but the NRR always seems to be lacking compared my passive muffs. They were rated 28 or 30 NRR. I'd like to be rid of the clunky muffs, (that actually sounds dirty...) but can't see the point in going to a lesser NRR and having to double up for the priviledge.

I have both Howard Leight and Walkers electronic earpro. I like them because they're slim enough to wear with a rifle or shotgun. I don't mind doubling up in those cases. I double up even if I'm wearing my heavier duty 3M earpro which are 27 NRR. Whenever I take new shooters or kids out for the first time and I think they may continue to shoot after, I buy them a pair of Walker Passive earpro. 27NRR to keep 'em safe, but I also provide ear plugs.