Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dack Outdoors scammers

these guys post sweet deals,
    charge your card immediately,
    hold the money for 30 days then full refund ,
    never ships anything.
    If you cancel that order they give you "store credit" for shit that never ships. in essence robbing you of your money
    Pretty much my exact experience:
    https://www.findarms.com/pattonsburg...rs/reviews/122
    I told them I was going to challenge the charges and submit a claim to the BBB ,
    they said they would full refund me, ban me from their site and never do business with me again...
    dont go breaking my heart

we'll see what happens next......
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Dack Outdoors scammers

BBB submissions are useless. No one ever checks those ratings until after they get screwed.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

I ordered some mags from them and they did charge right away and at the 30-day mark they shipped my items. So I'm glad I got my stuff, but I won't do business with them again. I'm willing to pay a few extra $$ to get stuff sooner. And they are not the only ones out there. I'm seeing a lot of these "retailers" that are offering checp stuff but take weeks to process the order. They all go by different names, but the website and checkout pages look almost exactly the same.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Allegheny County)

I'm on their mailing list.
    Don't recall if I purchased anything, or if I just ended up there because I entered my info to check shipping amount on an item without completing the purchase.
    I've probably posted items in the Deals thread. I guess I'll rethink that.

Is that the place that explains that it may take a long time to ship orders?

EDIT:

Yeah, found it on their website...

First and foremost, THANK YOU for your interest in shopping with or continuing to support us here at DACK Outdoors. For those that aren't familiar with us, we are a small, family-owned & operated business based in rural Northwest Missouri.
    Our near wholesale prices and a very volatile political climate has caused a surge in orders that went beyond our wildest expectations. Unfortunately, this has led to delays in shipping. In some cases, orders can take up to 30 days to ship. The vast majority of our customers are familiar with us and the situation, and are willing to accept a slower shipping speed for our incredible prices.
    With that said, if you need an item right away, we regret to say we may not be the best fit for you at this time. We truly hope we can serve you in the future. Our customers enjoy incredibly low prices and are okay with waiting longer than what the big box stores ship because of the incredible deals and personalized customer support they get with us.
    If you have any questions about an order that you've already placed or are wanting to place and need additional support, our friendly customer support staff is eager to assist you.

An Open Letter From The Owners:

To our valued customers,
    The mission of DACK Outdoors is to give shooting sports enthusiasts & outdoor recreation consumers access to the gear they love at prices that cannot be beat while not losing sight of personalized customer support.
    When we say family-operated, we mean it. Every major aspect of DACK is managed by ourselves and/or another close family member.
    Who are we? We are shooters. We are hunters and fishers. We all grew up on farms and we're defenders of the 2nd Amendment. We're not a big box store and we're not bound by shareholder wishes. We don't outsource our customer support to people who have no idea what a lower parts kit is.
    We offer even more discounts to our Military & Law Enforcement customers. We donate to our local schools and communities. We say this not to brag but to let you know that we're like you. We have a passion for all things outdoors and simply want to give you affordable access to products that encourage you to get outside.
    As we continue to grow, we will not lose sight of our main priority: our customers. We are working as quickly as possible while striving to maintain the highest possible customer service.
    Thank you so much for allowing us to serve you!
    God Bless,

Carsley & Katie Crabtree, Owners

DACK Outdoors

EDIT#2

Here's their logo. This way you may remember it if you inadvertently end up on their website while searching for something.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Berks County)

Maybe they accumulate orders then order the stuff themselves, thus eliminating stocking merchandise and reducing their overhead.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Maybe they accumulate orders then order the stuff themselves, thus eliminating stocking merchandise and reducing their overhead.
    If you click the link in the OP, that seems to be the consensus - they take your money and then try to find someone who has it available.
    I guess if they can't find a good deal themselves, they tell you it's not available.

What Dacks.
    FJB

(Allegheny County)

I just unsubscribed from their email list.
    It didn't give an option to type a reason.

(Northampton County)

I've ordered from them twice. The first order had a shipping label generated on day 30 and was shipped on day 31. The second order still had no label as of day 30 and when I contacted them, they replied and said they could either refund me in full or with my approval, ship the order out within another 2 weeks. I told them I would wait and the order shipped on day 36. In both cases, my total order was less than I would have paid anywhere else, but only 5-10% less than a few other similarly operated shops (e.g. Locked & Loaded). I don't really have any major gripes about them thus far. The prices are what they are for this and all of these shops because they don't hold much (if any) inventory. Just refrain from ordering anything that you need soon because Dack and similar shops will take every bit of that 30 days before shipping your stuff out.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    BBB submissions are useless. No one ever checks those ratings until after they get screwed.
    I left some horrible feedback with the BBB for a gun site in California that scammed me like 20 years ago. Damned if I can remember the name of the place.

I got a call from a US attorney in Texas almost a year later asking for info. Luckily, I had saved a printout of my order and forwarded it to her. I got a check in the mail a few months later and he went to jail.
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast