Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Dack Outdoors scammers

Update:
    I did get my money refunded back to my card, there was some back and forth about "allegations" and "Insinuating poor business practices" but the bottom line is they held my money in an account for 36 days, collecting interest until I threatened actions. I believe a credit card dispute results in negative points against the sellers, and too many demerits reflects poorly on their credit ratings. This results in less interest paid on the business accounts.
    I can only assume they have 2-3 hundred like wise charges in this account maybe for 50-300 bucks each generating income until they have to either refund the cash back to the cards or actually purchase the advertised product.
    In theory a shitty way to do business , while claiming to be a Christian, Veteran run operation.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    Update:
    I believe a credit card dispute results in negative points against the sellers, and too many demerits reflects poorly on their credit ratings.
    If a merchant experiences an extensive number of chargebacks, they can lose their ability to contest them under their merchant agreement. It's worth mentioning that chargebacks are recorded on the consumer's credit report as well and if a consumer files too many, it can negatively affect them as well. This is primarily just to combat "friendly fraud" though and I wouldn't be concerned about filing legit chargebacks.

Sounds to me like they may be running the business on credit. Then they rob Peter to pay Paul. That is a very poor business practice and will catch up with them in the end.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Sounds to me like they may be running the business on credit. Then they rob Peter to pay Paul. That is a very poor business practice and will catch up with them in the end.
    I was thinking that they have little or no stock and order stuff when they get an order then ship it when it comes in. And when it takes their stuff a long time to arrive, the end user gets the bone.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    Update:
    I did get my money refunded back to my card, there was some back and forth about "allegations" and "Insinuating poor business practices" but the bottom line is they held my money in an account for 36 days, collecting interest until I threatened actions. I believe a credit card dispute results in negative points against the sellers, and too many demerits reflects poorly on their credit ratings. This results in less interest paid on the business accounts.
    I can only assume they have 2-3 hundred like wise charges in this account maybe for 50-300 bucks each generating income until they have to either refund the cash back to the cards or actually purchase the advertised product.
    In theory a shitty way to do business , while claiming to be a Christian, Veteran run operation.
    I've found that in general, any business that loudly touts some form of classification (christian, veteran, black, women owned, minority run, vegan, etc.) seems to have rather poor business practices.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Northampton County)

DACK has silently added a 5% cancellation fee to their terms. The waits were tolerable since they are upfront about it, but now they surreptitiously made this policy change and for me it's just the straw that broke the camel's back. The savings aren't enough for my BS tolerance to be endless.

These businesses and that business practice of holding orders until they have enough to get their discount from a wholesaler is becoming all too common. When these places are identified, simply stop doing business with them and follow through reporting your experience with your credit card company. The key thing to remember is if no one has your needed item, these places will show they do but will simply tell you 30+ days later that they don't. I would rather pay more and know I'm getting what I ordered than rolling the dice with these gypsy online stores. (Sorry........I meant to write "I would rather pay more and know I'm getting what I ordered than rolling the dice with these spongy online stores".
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12