Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stag Arms M-4

(Wayne County)

Default Stag Arms M-4

I'm eyeing one of these. Of course I'll have to be on a "waiting list" but I just thought I'd get some feedback on here since I have no experience with Stag. I've got a bushy AR - fullsize and it's been good to me but the Stag's are reasonably priced so I figured I'll give it a shot.

Anyone have any positive reviews? Thanks - Mike

"I Am Become Death" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

Default Re: Stag Arms M-4

Well, I just bought a Stag model 4 on Veterans day, and took it to the range Saturday. It never missed a beat. Sighted it in and did some rapid fire (semi) as fast as I could pull the trigger. It works great. Seems to be very high quality to me. I would go for it while you still can.

(Chester County)

I think they put together a worthwhile carbine. Better than BM, as far as what I've seen first hand.

The biggest difference in the AR's is attention to detail during assembly. Check the gas keys and castle nut, put a H-buffer in it, add the Crane reliability package...then shoot the balls off it. Get a spare .mil grade bolt and FP, a spare LPK...and enjoy.

Chamber dimensions and staking are cheap and easy fixes....should the gun require it.

I'd get one if the price was right.

(Bedford County)

The carbine I put together has a Stag M4 Complete upper slapped on it. It has 2,500 or so rounds through it with no problems. The upper looks nice on the Double Star lower I put it on.

The Carrier key looked like it was staked on with a sharp chisel. That is an easy fix. The extractor spring insert was the wrong one for a carbine. I added the black carbine insert. other than that...it passed my test.

I feed it a steady diet of cheap Federals from Wally World along with the finest steel cased Wolf money can buy. It begs for abuse.

(Allegheny County)

my stag has been as reliable as my glocks. best value going in ARs, imho.

(i would still take a colt if money were not an issue, but my experience with stag is that they are great guns. and they have that repuation among others as well.)

btw, stag is the retail outlet of CMT. CMT makes a lot of AR parts for a lot of other manufacturers (including colt).

(Pike County)

I was looking at one of those as well. The Wallenpaupack gun store in Hawley had them for around 900 bucks, that was about 3 months ago. I can just imagine how much they want now.

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by deputy View Post
    I was looking at one of those as well. The Wallenpaupack gun store in Hawley had them for around 900 bucks, that was about 3 months ago. I can just imagine how much they want now.
    $900 isnt that bad for a complete rifle, but If I had to bet.... they are long gone...with no replacements in sight.

(Pike County)

love my stag...shot it most of this past summer no problem whatsoever,,great quality rifle ,,,get one now for it too late,,

(Philadelphia County)

Stag makes a nice rifle. Check what BUCKMARK and Synergy said, as one should on any AR and you should be GTG. Stag was started by the son of the owner of CMMG who supplies them with their forging. Unless you do not like the deer head on it, I say go for it.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Wayne County)

Well...I had bad luck today. The bottom line is...I should have gotten it months ago. Now, it's a madhouse. I went to one place today and they did have M-4's in stock. However, the owner decided to up his prices and I quote "they'll be going up again" He offered me a Rock River M4 for $960-1000...way overpriced for a RR. That was the cheapest M4 he had followed by a few colts going for crazy numbers. He did have a used colt for $1100 which was semi reasonable but I don't need a Colt.

I headed down to Advanced Arms in Pittston where my buddy Jay (greatbarren)<on the forum picked, up his 24" Armalite AR-10T .308...the rifle is amazing and he got it for a really great price. I envy him lol...I'll post pics the next time we go to the range...i doubt I'll have my M-4..

If you've been to AA, you know Chris has some nice stuff on his walls. The "fun wall" as he calls it is NOW pretty naked. Even the damn .50 cal Barrett is gone lol. He had an M-4 all decked out with quad rails, EOTECH etc. but that was a display. Only other one he had was a Colt but it had a fixed handle. I need the flat top. There's a potential "list" he's putting together....I told him to put me on it for the Stag @ a reasonable price of $815..he said the price would stay the same. No estimated delivery so we'll see what happens. For $200 more I could get it @ the other place tomorrow but it's a rip off. I'd rather give Chris the business and use the $ I save for a nice quad rail.

So....if your in the market for one...give him a call and get put on the list...It sounds like he's getting some in it's just a question of when.

"I Am Become Death" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast