Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default I just traded in 2 SIGs for M&Ps... And couldn't be more relieved.

So, yesterday I took my SIG P320 X-Compact and M17 to my LGS and traded them in for the M&P9 M2.0 Spec Series Compact (the bull shark grey kit) and the full-size Spec Series with the FDE slide. No matter how much I love SIG Sauer, or how much I know you can't believe what you see and read on the internet, I couldn't shake the discomfort I had with carrying the 320 given the growing number of random discharges that have been occurring with even after recall.
    I carried an M&P40 (later the 9mm) for years but ultimately moved to Glock. Over the past few years I had started to shift to the SIG and was incredibly pleased with the fit in my hand and performance. I don't know if the P320 has actual issues or if they are incredibly overblown. What I do know is that the Glock and the M&P have never had such questions surrounding them and the M&P M2.0 really fits my hand. The texture is fantastic and the newer trigger is at least comparable with the 320. Here's hoping I made the right choice.
    I still have my 226 Legion and 229 Elite and I'm happy as ever with them. At the end of the day, I traded to 320s with a total of 12 magazines and 2 Wilson Grip modules and paid $500 for 2 new M&Ps with optics... I think I did ok. Hopefully down the road the stink will fade and the issues (real or perceived) will pass and I will pick up another 320.

Cheers.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: I just traded in 2 SIGs for M&Ps... And couldn't be more relieved.

Guns don’t fire unless manipulated. I have a hard time with these especially since it comes form law enforcement and they’ve got such a great reputation for accountability

(Columbia County)

I tried out the SIG P320 X-Compact. For some reason I could not get consistent groups. Maybe it was because I wasn't used to the flat trigger. In any event I was not impressed by it nor do like the way it looks.

Sounds like it's Wabbit Season
    SigGendered

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by garand4life View Post
    [FONT="]So, yesterday I took my SIG P320 X-Compact and M17 to my LGS and traded them in for the M&P9 M2.0 Spec Series Compact (the bull shark grey kit) and the full-size Spec Series with the FDE slide. No matter how much I love SIG Sauer, or how much I know you can't believe what you see and read on the internet, I couldn't shake the discomfort I had with carrying the 320 given the growing number of random discharges that have been occurring with even after recall.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]I carried an M&P40 (later the 9mm) for years but ultimately moved to Glock. Over the past few years I had started to shift to the SIG and was incredibly pleased with the fit in my hand and performance. I don't know if the P320 has actual issues or if they are incredibly overblown. What I do know is that the Glock and the M&P have never had such questions surrounding them and the M&P M2.0 really fits my hand. The texture is fantastic and the newer trigger is at least comparable with the 320. Here's hoping I made the right choice.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]I still have my 226 Legion and 229 Elite and I'm happy as ever with them. At the end of the day, I traded to 320s with a total of 12 magazines and 2 Wilson Grip modules and paid $500 for 2 new M&Ps with optics... I think I did ok. Hopefully down the road the stink will fade and the issues (real or perceived) will pass and I will pick up another 320.[/FONT]
    [FONT="]
    [/FONT]

Cheers.
    What LGS....maybe I will make a trip out there in a week or so to see if they are still there.... the only issues with the P320 seem to be from LE and not civilian CC..why is that? Holster design? Something catching on trigger? I haven't had any issues with mine.......

(Chester County)

The test for unintended discharge is beating your gun with a hammer. That may have a different meaning at Pelosi's house in San Francisco though.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Washington County)

I know a lot of the responses I've had to my original post point to the issues "only being LEOs", etc. I could understand that if that's where the reports stop. However, the documented examples from non-LEOs experiencing the same issue led me to believe that this (https://youtu.be/PK66ua7-Bm0) explanation isn't too far off.

In short this armorer points toward a very small design flaw that contributes to the firearm being able to discharge in holster or during holstering without direct action of the user to initiate (IE not putting finger on trigger).

Here is another example that isn't a LEO... https://youtu.be/FBjo62vSYZk

NOW TO BE CLEAR: I am not against the 320. I still love the gun and hope that down the road this is either corrected (Gen 2, maybe?) or explained away by SIG in such a way that it settles this outright.

I feel like going back into my old comfort zone with the M&P solves the issue of being sure that when I carry the gun I can be confident in what it will do or not do...

(Westmoreland County)

Watched both videos and I'm still not clear on how the 320 can fire unless the trigger is pulled even if the internal safety is completely defective. Still seems to me that the trigger has to be pulled somehow. As a couple of side notes, I don't own a Sig of any kind but our son recently bought the high end version of the 320 at Mid West up near Ross Park Mall. At the first range session he let me shoot it a bit and I found the trigger to be outstanding though quite light in comparison to my Glock triggers. It did occur to me that if anything gets inside the holster, with such a light trigger, life could get interesting.

Solidifies my reason not to carry a striker fired weapon.
    FJB

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Solidifies my reason not to carry a striker fired weapon.
    A P-7 is pretty cool.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast