Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cambria County)

Default Same day LTCF non resident renewal

Good morning!

I have had a PA LTCF for the last 15 years but moved out of state 3 years ago. My LTCF has since expired. Unfortunately because PA only recognizes resident permits of states that they honor I am SOL with my AZ, UT, and WA licenses. I am flying in for a quick visit this coming week and was hoping you guys and gals could point me in the right direction. I spoke to the sheriff of Cambria County where I use to reside and he said that he would renew my license, however I'm going to be in the greater Philadelphia area visiting family and would like to avoid the long drive if possible. Do any of you know of a sheriff that A: will issue non-resident licenses and B: will most likely do same day issuance?

Thank you!

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Same day LTCF non resident renewal

Jefferson County issues to non-resident, and over the counter so long as PICS is running smooth(and no flags pop up).

My issuance and all subsequent renewals have been under 10 min each, walk in/walk out. And some dude from IL used the PAFOA Contact thing and I recommended Centre and Jefferson counties, he used Jefferson since the court house was so close to I-80 as he was driving through. ...he was in & out in minutes from what he replied.

Another non-resident has similar results with Somerset Co. That courthouse is about 1 south of the Turnpike along N. Centre Ave(SR601).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!