Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Port Carbon, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Posts
    282
    Rep Power
    753426

    Default Voting In Pennsylvania

    At the moment I am living in New Jersey which sucks, but I've also got a residence in Pennsylvania. The election coming up on Tuesday I know is a very crucial election particularly for gun rights and particularly in a state such as Pennsylvania which can be a swing state. In New Jersey its obvious enough, they don't like guns. I am certainly going to vote for candidates that support the US Constitution and the Bill Of Rights including the Right To Keep And Bear Arms but to vote for such candidates in New Jersey, if they even exist in that state, would be pointless since most everybody else will vote for candidates who will do the opposite. I figure it would be much more effective to vote in Pennsylvania where every last vote will matter if you're for gun rights. So I've been thinking if I should switch my driver's license over to a Pennsylvania license and vote in PA. As I said, I own a residence in Pennsylvania so I should be able to do that. Any thoughts and advice on this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Nunya, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    21474842

    Default Re: Voting In Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    At the moment I am living in New Jersey which sucks, but I've also got a residence in Pennsylvania. The election coming up on Tuesday I know is a very crucial election particularly for gun rights and particularly in a state such as Pennsylvania which can be a swing state. In New Jersey its obvious enough, they don't like guns. I am certainly going to vote for candidates that support the US Constitution and the Bill Of Rights including the Right To Keep And Bear Arms but to vote for such candidates in New Jersey, if they even exist in that state, would be pointless since most everybody else will vote for candidates who will do the opposite. I figure it would be much more effective to vote in Pennsylvania where every last vote will matter if you're for gun rights. So I've been thinking if I should switch my driver's license over to a Pennsylvania license and vote in PA. As I said, I own a residence in Pennsylvania so I should be able to do that. Any thoughts and advice on this?
    You missed the registration deadline by quite a bit. And itís based on your permanent residence, which would currently be NJ

    So, no. You canít, at this point, vote in PA on Tuesday. But I suggest you vote R across the board in NJ

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    9,839
    Rep Power
    21474856

    Default Re: Voting In Pennsylvania

    I think we would all welcome the help but verify that it doesn't cause a problem for you in NJ.
    2024 Trump or Bust!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    9,839
    Rep Power
    21474856

    Default Re: Voting In Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    You missed the registration deadline by quite a bit. And it*s based on your permanent residence, which would currently be NJ

    So, no. You can*t, at this point, vote in PA on Tuesday. But I suggest you vote R across the board in NJ
    There are plenty of people with dual residences who have to pick an address for their DL. But I do wonder if it would cause him problems over there, if he got caught on to.
    2024 Trump or Bust!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Levittown, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    9,483
    Rep Power
    21474858

    Default Re: Voting In Pennsylvania

    Treatment of dual (or multiple) residents sucks. If they take your tax money, you should have a say in what they do with it, especially if it directly affects the taxpaying dual resident.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Erie (Harborcreek), Pennsylvania
    (Erie County)
    Posts
    1,509
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Voting In Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    At the moment I am living in New Jersey which sucks, but I've also got a residence in Pennsylvania. The election coming up on Tuesday I know is a very crucial election particularly for gun rights and particularly in a state such as Pennsylvania which can be a swing state. In New Jersey its obvious enough, they don't like guns. I am certainly going to vote for candidates that support the US Constitution and the Bill Of Rights including the Right To Keep And Bear Arms but to vote for such candidates in New Jersey, if they even exist in that state, would be pointless since most everybody else will vote for candidates who will do the opposite. I figure it would be much more effective to vote in Pennsylvania where every last vote will matter if you're for gun rights. So I've been thinking if I should switch my driver's license over to a Pennsylvania license and vote in PA. As I said, I own a residence in Pennsylvania so I should be able to do that. Any thoughts and advice on this?
    Are you running for US Senator from PA?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Nunya, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,234
    Rep Power
    21474842

    Default Re: Voting In Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    There are plenty of people with dual residences who have to pick an address for their DL. But I do wonder if it would cause him problems over there, if he got caught on to.
    If his DL is NJ, he is a New Jersey resident who owns a secondary residence in PA. IF he were to change residency on his DL and tax forms, he would be permitted to vote in PA, but he has missed the registration deadline.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    9,839
    Rep Power
    21474856

    Default Re: Voting In Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    If his DL is NJ, he is a New Jersey resident who owns a secondary residence in PA. IF he were to change residency on his DL and tax forms, he would be permitted to vote in PA, but he has missed the registration deadline.
    Yeah, for this cycle but not the next one.
    2024 Trump or Bust!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Birchrunville, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Age
    69
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    21474842

    Default Re: Voting In Pennsylvania

    I thought anybody can vote anywhere they want. Even twice. Even if you are dead. C'mon get ceative and bring some friends.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Port Carbon, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Posts
    282
    Rep Power
    753426

    Default Re: Voting In Pennsylvania

    Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    You missed the registration deadline by quite a bit. And it*s based on your permanent residence, which would currently be NJ

    So, no. You can*t, at this point, vote in PA on Tuesday. But I suggest you vote R across the board in NJ
    Alright I will do that. And right now NJ is only my temporary residence as my PA home is being renovated, but my driver's license says NJ and as you said I missed the deadline.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 41
    Last Post: March 10th, 2022, 02:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •