Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Voting In Pennsylvania

At the moment I am living in New Jersey which sucks, but I've also got a residence in Pennsylvania. The election coming up on Tuesday I know is a very crucial election particularly for gun rights and particularly in a state such as Pennsylvania which can be a swing state. In New Jersey its obvious enough, they don't like guns. I am certainly going to vote for candidates that support the US Constitution and the Bill Of Rights including the Right To Keep And Bear Arms but to vote for such candidates in New Jersey, if they even exist in that state, would be pointless since most everybody else will vote for candidates who will do the opposite. I figure it would be much more effective to vote in Pennsylvania where every last vote will matter if you're for gun rights. So I've been thinking if I should switch my driver's license over to a Pennsylvania license and vote in PA. As I said, I own a residence in Pennsylvania so I should be able to do that. Any thoughts and advice on this?

PickingPA Guest

Default Re: Voting In Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    At the moment I am living in New Jersey which sucks, but I've also got a residence in Pennsylvania. The election coming up on Tuesday I know is a very crucial election particularly for gun rights and particularly in a state such as Pennsylvania which can be a swing state. In New Jersey its obvious enough, they don't like guns. I am certainly going to vote for candidates that support the US Constitution and the Bill Of Rights including the Right To Keep And Bear Arms but to vote for such candidates in New Jersey, if they even exist in that state, would be pointless since most everybody else will vote for candidates who will do the opposite. I figure it would be much more effective to vote in Pennsylvania where every last vote will matter if you're for gun rights. So I've been thinking if I should switch my driver's license over to a Pennsylvania license and vote in PA. As I said, I own a residence in Pennsylvania so I should be able to do that. Any thoughts and advice on this?
    You missed the registration deadline by quite a bit. And it’s based on your permanent residence, which would currently be NJ

So, no. You can’t, at this point, vote in PA on Tuesday. But I suggest you vote R across the board in NJ

(Berks County)

I think we would all welcome the help but verify that it doesn't cause a problem for you in NJ.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PickingPA View Post
    You missed the registration deadline by quite a bit. And it*s based on your permanent residence, which would currently be NJ

So, no. You can*t, at this point, vote in PA on Tuesday. But I suggest you vote R across the board in NJ
    There are plenty of people with dual residences who have to pick an address for their DL. But I do wonder if it would cause him problems over there, if he got caught on to.

(Bucks County)

Treatment of dual (or multiple) residents sucks. If they take your tax money, you should have a say in what they do with it, especially if it directly affects the taxpaying dual resident.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Guy View Post
    Are you running for US Senator from PA?

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    There are plenty of people with dual residences who have to pick an address for their DL. But I do wonder if it would cause him problems over there, if he got caught on to.
    If his DL is NJ, he is a New Jersey resident who owns a secondary residence in PA. IF he were to change residency on his DL and tax forms, he would be permitted to vote in PA, but he has missed the registration deadline.

(Berks County)

If his DL is NJ, he is a New Jersey resident who owns a secondary residence in PA. IF he were to change residency on his DL and tax forms, he would be permitted to vote in PA, but he has missed the registration deadline.
    Yeah, for this cycle but not the next one.

(Chester County)

I thought anybody can vote anywhere they want. Even twice. Even if you are dead. C'mon get ceative and bring some friends.

(Schuylkill County)

You missed the registration deadline by quite a bit. And it*s based on your permanent residence, which would currently be NJ

So, no. You can*t, at this point, vote in PA on Tuesday. But I suggest you vote R across the board in NJ
    Alright I will do that. And right now NJ is only my temporary residence as my PA home is being renovated, but my driver's license says NJ and as you said I missed the deadline.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast