Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default What happens in firearms training should stay in firearms training

Highly informative video. Recommend to watch all the way through. An emerging trend in self-defense cases for prosecutors is to use your military or firearms training or even your LTCF against you at trial. Best defense, don't make it easy for them to know about your training and other firearms experience or credentials by posting about it here on social media. The unfortunate fact is, what you say here and elsewhere can and will be used against you in a court of law...

"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Default Re: What happens in firearms training should stay in firearms training

The 5th amendment codify*s the right to shut up and not self incriminate in any way what so ever.

Unfortunately most people can't keep their mouths shut and talk way to much about too many things. Social media has amplified the inability to shut up 10 fold.

(Susquehanna County)

Why would one's training or level of expertise be an issue with SELF-DEFENSE shooting? ESP. in states like PA that have stand-your-ground laws? An individual is under threat or not.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Bucks County)

Because a prosecutor will attempt to paint you as a *gunfighter*. You*ll be depicted as gun toting menace who was just itching for the day you could put your training to use and shoot someone.
    Bullshit, I know. Nevertheless it happens.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Montgomery County)

Wouldn't military service and licensing be discovered during the police investigation? And some states require training to carry and/or purchase firearms, so not much you could do in those states except move out.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Why would one's training or level of expertise be an issue with SELF-DEFENSE shooting? ESP. in states like PA that have stand-your-ground laws? An individual is under threat or not.
    Did you watch the video?
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Did you watch the video?
    Only a little bit. The premise is too stupid to continue! There are states that demand license holders take training and yet other states require that one demonstrate "competence" with a firearm to qualify for licensing, some states even require both. Civilians are not "police officers" and are under NO compulsion to defend anyone except themselves or their families. If this kind of shit is true, I'm fucked if I ever have to defend myself or my home! I guess the best I can hope for is a defense shooting occurs from a home invasion! Je suis un homme épris de paix et je tuerai tous ceux que je dois pour le prouver.

(Lancaster County)

Training or lack of training will be held against you no matter what. Our legal system doesn't care because they don't want peons to have guns.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Highly informative video. Recommend to watch all the way through. An emerging trend in self-defense cases for prosecutors is to use your military or firearms training or even your LTCF against you at trial. Best defense, don't make it easy for them to know about your training and other firearms experience or credentials by posting about it here on social media. The unfortunate fact is, what you say here and elsewhere can and will be used against you in a court of law...

Congrats on finally posting a cute chick!

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Training or lack of training will be held against you no matter what. Our legal system doesn't care because they don't want peons to have guns.
    Then you damn well better make sure your attorneys pick the right people for the jury and explain to them what "jury nullification" is!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast