Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default 🚒 Caught on camera: Fire truck's illegal crossing in Schuylkill County

🚂 🤔 A fire engine driver in Tamaqua took a chance and made a decision that could've put hundreds of people at risk.

TAMAQUA, Pa. — It was all caught on camera.

Saturday afternoon in Tamaqua, the driver of a fire engine took a chance on the way to a fire scene.

He illegally drove around railroad crossing gates just seconds before a passenger train rolled through.

The video, which was posted online, caught the public's attention and brought up the question, was it right for the engine to go through the crossing?

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/lo...0-636525d1c208

(Berks County)

Default Re: 🚒 Caught on camera: Fire truck's illegal crossing in Schuylkill County

If he made it, it was the right thing to do. That guy put his life on the line and deserves a medal for being a hero.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Default Re: 🚒 Caught on camera: Fire truck's illegal crossing in Schuylkill County

Must have watched a Fetterman instructional video. Illegal, but the right thing to do.

I saw firemen should have all the rights as cops do when going to the firehouse.

I watched the video, he made the right choice. The train was far away and running slow.
    There is a csx train track a few miles from my house, you get stuck there for ten fifteen minutes at a time.
    FJB

That's a pretty train, where can I go to see one like that in production?

And yeah, he stopped to see how far the train was, then determined he had enough time. Which he did by a large margin. Clearing by 15 seconds, you can do a lot in 15 seconds.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    And yeah, he stopped to see how far the train was, then determined he had enough time. Which he did by a large margin. Clearing by 15 seconds, you can do a lot in 15 seconds.
    .....so, the whole thing sounds like much ado about nothing!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(York County)

He looked both ways, judged the train*s speed, and saved the barber shop. I would have done the same thing. No harm no foul!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Columbia County)

They were responding to a fire what appears to be connecting buildings/row homes. If they didn't get there in time the whole block could have been destroyed. Also although the train was close, there was still a few seconds left after the firetruck cleared the tracks. I say it was the correct decision by the driver.

(Delaware County)

All good because of the outcome. What if he somehow he had got stuck on the tracks?
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    All good because of the outcome. What if he somehow he had got stuck on the tracks?
    I'm sure that truck crossed those tracks before.
    FJB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast