Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default UPS and FED EX new rules

Has anyone (without an FFL) shipped a handgun ,or attempted to ship a handgun with either shipper since they changed their policy?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: UPS and FED EX new rules

I wonder what new rules they have. No parking *nose in*, or maybe, *no spitting on the yellow curb, but spitting on the red curb is mandatory*.

Your question makes no sense unless you fill in the blanks. Sort of like asking , *has anyone eaten at McDonalds since they changed the color of their paychecks?*

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    I wonder what new rules they have. No parking *nose in*, or maybe, *no spitting on the yellow curb, but spitting on the red curb is mandatory*.

Your question makes no sense unless you fill in the blanks. Sort of like asking , *has anyone eaten at McDonalds since they changed the color of their paychecks?*
    I beg to differ with that and wouldn't mind hearing the answer. Have you not heard that UPS is starting to deny gun related shipments?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

apparently some people need more blanks filled in than others

Shipping Firearms via FedEx is Already Prohibited
    UPS joins FedEx in banning the shipment of firearms using their service. FedEx changed their policy in 2020. The current FedEx firearm shipping policy is similar to UPS* new policy. The FedEx policy reads:

Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. Also, you must be an approved firearm shipper with a signed contract on file
    Last edited by krav51; October 20th, 2022 at 11:03 AM.

(Montgomery County)

They can kiss my ass it's none of their business whats in the box as long as it's not too heavy or big

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    They can kiss my ass it's none of their business whats in the box as long as it's not too heavy or big
    Technically, the shipper is supposed to classify their freight to some degree. Each class of freight has a classification number, which the shipping rates are based on. If you ship your $900 gun and classify it as auto parts, don't expect much in terms of compensation if it gets lost or damaged.

(Montgomery County)

I've been shipping with both of them for maybe thirty years. I've never had them man up about anything much less pay for the damages they deny deny deny. Bad packaging is one of their favs. Had them deliver some dive gear to a church for a minister directions very clearly stated which door they were suposed to be left at, ups wanted to know if the guy might have been lying about getting it. WHen we asked are you kidding they just blew us off. The guys on the trucks are mostly very good and try hard but managment is just another story. We still use them since the have the market cornered and usps is close to the same but at least a little cheaper and we try and mostly use them. My son says they now want to charge youa fee for the privalage of them picking up on top of the rates.

(Bucks County)

Damned if I can understand and work with Fedex. I'm notified they will be delivering two separate items on a day I will not be home. One item calls for an adult recipient/signature. I got on their website and tried to get them delivered to a very nearby Walgreen's. That got me a help window. I worked with that robot until it just stopped working. So I got back on in a start-over, got the automated help window again, and it stalled again, no help.

Another pain in the ass was it asked for the address appearing on the label. I literally copied and pasted what they displayed as the address they are delivering to and it told me address does not match their records!

This evening I ran a track package and got a message unable to track at this time, try again later!

Jesus!
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Damned if I can understand and work with Fedex. I'm notified they will be delivering two separate items on a day I will not be home. One item calls for an adult recipient/signature. I got on their website and tried to get them delivered to a very nearby Walgreen's. That got me a help window. I worked with that robot until it just stopped working. So I got back on in a start-over, got the automated help window again, and it stalled again, no help.

Another pain in the ass was it asked for the address appearing on the label. I literally copied and pasted what they displayed as the address they are delivering to and it told me address does not match their records!

This evening I ran a track package and got a message unable to track at this time, try again later!

Jesus!
    I had a signature required package delivered last week and we were home. I didn't hear anything but found my box on the front porch and they had 'COVID' in the signature box when I tracked it to see when it was dropped off.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post

Jesus!
    I had a signature required package delivered last week and we were home. I didn't hear anything but found my box on the front porch and they had 'COVID' in the signature box when I tracked it to see when it was dropped off.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast