Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: How to Get Stable hold Shooting a Super Blackhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    And the Ruger Super Blackhawk is way to heavy and bulky to shoot offhand. And the weight is all up front. I could barely shoot one in my prime so unless you are a bodybuilder forget it. I can still handle a regular Blackhawk and can put up with the increased recoil.

Um, prior to dealing with my cancer issue this past year, I would routinely shoot my SBH offhand out to 50 yards or so. I*m not a body builder my any means. I can*t post the video from my iPad, but when I get to my PC I*ll post a video of me shooting my SBH at about 45 yards or so and hitting an 8x11 steel target.

(Luzerne County)

7.5" Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag, 240gr XTP over H110 shooting at an 8x11 AR500 target from about 45 yards or so.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    Um, prior to dealing with my cancer issue this past year, I would routinely shoot my SBH offhand out to 50 yards or so. I*m not a body builder my any means. I can*t post the video from my iPad, but when I get to my PC I*ll post a video of me shooting my SBH at about 45 yards or so and hitting an 8x11 steel target.
    I hunt with a super Blackhawk and shoot mine off hand regularly too. I upgraded to a set of pachmayer grips and that made a big difference to me shooting off hand for comfort. I don't find it as unwieldy as some other big bore revolvers I've shot over the years.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I hunt with a super Blackhawk and shoot mine off hand regularly too. I upgraded to a set of pachmayer grips and that made a big difference to me shooting off hand for comfort. I don't find it as unwieldy as some other big bore revolvers I've shot over the years.
    My bad.....when I was watching the video I was thinking that looked just like my new model Blackhawk in .45 Colt. Then I realized the front heavy beast I was thinking about was the Super Redhawk. I an not sure when they started calling the Blackhawk "super" but I don't remember them being available when I bought a standard Blackhawk (AFAIK there was only it and the Bisley). From a little reading the only differences is a larger grip (which it needed) and an unfluted cylinder so it seems very shootable.

I am sure I will now hear from people saying they can shoot their 7 1/2 inch super Redhawk one handed (with a scope). All I can say is good for you. I can't do that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12