Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default HiPower - EAA P35 - Good Gun?

I have an itch to get another pistol. I love my Browning HiPower - it is my EDC gun. Debating about getting another one. Don't want to get a Browning or FN as they are very pricey right now. Also want to get one w/ a rail underneath and an optic so it seems like EAA has a solution w/ their copy - Girsan MC P35 OPS Optic. Does Girsan make a decent quality gun? Not concerned about finish but very concerned about reliability & durability. Also, it seems like they make their own reflex sight. Don't know how good this is and it is probably too new for there to be a lot of experience out there, but any speculations? Certainly appears to be a very compact optic.

Default Re: HiPower - EAA P35 - Good Gun?

Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    I have an itch to get another pistol. I love my Browning HiPower - it is my EDC gun. Debating about getting another one. Don't want to get a Browning or FN as they are very pricey right now. Also want to get one w/ a rail underneath and an optic so it seems like EAA has a solution w/ their copy - Girsan MC P35 OPS Optic. Does Girsan make a decent quality gun? Not concerned about finish but very concerned about reliability & durability. Also, it seems like they make their own reflex sight. Don't know how good this is and it is probably too new for there to be a lot of experience out there, but any speculations? Certainly appears to be a very compact optic.
    Yes.

(Westmoreland County)

[QUOTE=Ronin;4685832]Yes.

I wish they would make a suppressor version of the P35 OPS - threaded barrel & tall sights!

[QUOTE=MMH;4688516]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Yes.

I wish they would make a suppressor version of the P35 OPS - threaded barrel & tall sights!
    They might later on. They've got the optics cut version. Probably a matter of time before they offer a threaded version. Personally, I think the OPS and optics cut versions are ugly. I like the classic lines of the Hi Power, but I hate hammer bite. That's why I'm going for the Match version with the beavertail. I have no intention of carrying it or mounting a light, so no need for a rail.

(Butler County)

I've fondled one and it was very tempting. Just a nice feel to it. Research says they are pretty reliable and well made. JMHO

Took my Girsan MC P35 Match to the range today. Very pleased. Out of the box it shot low, but the rear sight is adjustable, so easy enough to fix. The groups at 15 yds were good. The trigger is a little heavy, but already seems to be lightening after a 150 rounds. The beavertail is a godsend. No hammer or slide bite. The grip panel screws started to loosen, so I tightened them at the range. Will probably pull them and add a drop of blue Locktite. Not a big deal. The gun is comfortable and accurate and I can't wait to get it back out and run some more rounds through it.

(Cumberland County)

Come on, step it up

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Come on, step it up

I'll leave the pimpin' to you, my friend.

(Lancaster County)

I have a Girsan P35 Match and I'm very happy with it. The quality/fit/finish is excellent and its been 100% reliable thus far (between 500-1K rounds fired.) My only gripe is that it only comes with 1 magazine. I did pick up more Mecgar mags for around $22 each.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Come on, step it up

You will save on ammo with this version since you will blind them with the reflective glare and never need to fire it!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast